Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wakeboarding

Options
  • 19-06-2006 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Thinking of taking up wakeboarding. Anyone know of any clubs or where I could start out? I'm currently living in Dublin.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Try looking on here ..... Free Flow Magazine

Although, i know of two clubs in Cork and neither are listed, i have sent the details on aswell. Maybe ask around in a few shops.

Waking is great man, really good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Grimlock

There are clubs in Naas and one in Meath (can't think of the name) but these seem to be private clubs, not really looking for new members (I could be worng).
    There is a public club in Lough Muckno in Monaghan (just over an hours drive from dub) and they've got a huge Wakeboard boat and two drivers and plenty of instructors and all the gear you'll need.

Check Out www.skimuckno.com

Golden Falls in Wiclow used to do one but they seem to have dropped off the map (www.gfsc.com doesn't seem to work anyways).

HTH's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tigerlily73

I know this is a good few years out of date but:

IASC is a wakeboard club in Meath. www.wakeboardingwaterskiing.com

Golden Falls is a waterski club just outside blessington. I think if you own your own wake board they will tow you but that would be the extent of it. www.goldenfallswaterskiclub.com

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭otwb

Try www.irishwaterski.com - based in Portumna but well worth the drive as they are excellent fun down there! Have been going down there for years and everyone I have brought down has loved it.

Best of luck with it!

Advertisement