Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless internet connection

Options
  • 19-06-2006 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering if anyone knows anywhere in Limerick city you can get free wireless internet access? Can You get it in the library in UL or do you have to be a student?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

Apparently McDonalds in Cruises St and the Crescent SC have free wi-fi internet

http://www.mcdonalds.ie/mcd/publisher/index.jsp?pID=93&nID=96#limerick

never tried it myself though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

U can get it ul once u change ure proxy address to staff-proxy.ul.ie and ure port 8080.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Its available in the CSIS building in UL but not sure about the library

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

take a car and a laptop. you wont believe how many open wifi networks from people you can access. we did it once coming from shannon up ennis road...

IB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Dolans and the old quarter offer free wireless net access, all McDonalds will soon be offering free wireless net access. There are loads of open wireless access points with net access in the city not sure if these are intended to be used by the general public though (lots of dumbass's around)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Willstev wrote:
    U can get it ul once u change ure proxy address to staff-proxy.ul.ie and ure port 8080.

yay cool!so I can use it anywhere in the library then or is there certain wireless areas?Where are the css labs?can anyone go in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Inge Binge wrote:
    take a car and a laptop. you wont believe how many open wifi networks from people you can access. we did it once coming from shannon up ennis road...

IB

Yes when setting up a wireless network in my house I did a discovery of available wireless networks, I found about 5 wide open networks around my avenue.

No encription what so ever. Some people just don't have a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Cheers everyone!Got it in the csi building in Ul (cool name...I wonder if Il bump into Horatio:) )

Advertisement