Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical Graphics

Options
  • 19-06-2006 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

How did everyone do? I thought the short questions were easy enough, and the long ones a little bit tougher, but all managable and definitely easier than previous years. Thought I'd be getting a C but now I'm hoping for a low A/high B.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yeah some parts of the long questions were a bit tricky.
    I did questions 1, 2, 5 + 6.
    I'd say I got a C.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

the short question were preety easy
    as for the long questions they were alright
    although it took me like a hour to do question 1
    i did questions 1,2,3 and 4 but ran out of time when doing question 4
    i didnt think time would be such a issue hoping for a B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

I did 2, 4, 5 and 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

failed...i was cramped beside a wall, and didnt get finished....full marks on the short answers though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

I thought it was easier than I expected, short questions were fairly easy, mucxh easier than other years anyway, i loved the question where they asked you what the sign was telling you to do, "the sign is telling people to put their rubbish in the bin" lol. Long questions were fialry hard but they were in line with other years I felt, fairly fair I thought. I did questions 2, 3, 5 and 6. I did really good on 3 and 5 but messed up 6 and 2.

Afterwards, people in my class were telling me that question 1 took ages, thank god I didn't do it, I don't understand auxiliarys anyway.

Woohoo, Junior Cert is over for me!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

CoolCiaran wrote:
    I don't understand auxiliarys anyway

There was no auxillary! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Oh rite lol, I barely even looked at question 1 becasue the auxilirialy is usually there and I don't understand that so I didn't even bother to look at question 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Conor.k

Short Qs were alright On the long Qs , 1 took a while But it was easy anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

CoolCiaran wrote:
    Oh rite lol, I barely even looked at question 1 becasue the auxilirialy is usually there and I don't understand that so I didn't even bother to look at question 1
    ya it was just a end view but the question took me like a hour
    got it all right (i hope) in the end
    question 2 was a doddle
    question 3 was grand up until the very end were i left a small bit out
    question 4 started this at 12.17!! panicking (fecking question 1 took so long)
    only got part a of question 4 done which was to draw what you were given...

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

what's a parabola?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

Nanaki wrote:
    what's a parabola?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parabola

I hope you don't do TG...

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

of course I do!!
    lol =P nah I do Art

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AdamlyWell

Conor.k wrote: »
    Short Qs were alright On the long Qs , 1 took a while But it was easy anyway

what are the short questions like? can you name out a few?
    i need help for tmoz

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

AdamlyWell wrote: »
    what are the short questions like? can you name out a few?
    i need help for tmoz

Did you sign up to ask that? Not cool :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AdamlyWell

Did you sign up to ask that? Not cool :pac:

no jumping to conclusions :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

AdamlyWell wrote: »
    no jumping to conclusions :p
    Ah that poster posted about his short questions 7 years ago. I don't think yours are going to be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Anyway, on the subject of Technical Graphics, how did any of yous do? I've always been fairly good at it and we have probably the best technical graphics teacher in the country teaching us so most of our class usually gets A's, hope I did too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Anyway, on the subject of Technical Graphics, how did any of yous do? I've always been fairly good at it and we have probably the best technical graphics teacher in the country teaching us so most of our class usually gets A's, hope I did too.
    It's always nice to hear positives on teachers.

The course now is very different from when the thread opened though.

Some detail http://www.ncca.ie/uploadedfiles/Factsheets/TechGr_factsheet.pdf

Typical marking scheme from the 2008 test. https://www.educate.ie/files/schemes/Junior%20Cert%20Marking%20Scheme%202011-2006/JC%20Technical%20Graphics%20HL/2008%20JC%20Technical%20Graphics%20HL.pdf

even that's out of date now.

It's always nice to hear positives on teachers.

The course now is very different from when the thread opened though.

Some detail http://www.ncca.ie/uploadedfiles/Factsheets/TechGr_factsheet.pdf

Typical marking scheme from the 2008 test. https://www.educate.ie/files/schemes/Junior%20Cert%20Marking%20Scheme%202011-2006/JC%20Technical%20Graphics%20HL/2008%20JC%20Technical%20Graphics%20HL.pdf

even that's out of date now.

Oh, really? We've simply been doing past papers for 3rd year, and it didn't seem to be like there was any real change in what was within the course, when looking at the different questions pre-2008 and post-2008. Is it simply the marking scheme that has changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

I haven't received my Technical Graphics results but i know i did terrible because for some idiotic reason i was having a tough time with drawing Oblique! i actually spent like an hour doing that? wtf is wrong with me?

• Advertisement

I haven't received my Technical Graphics results but i know i did terrible because for some idiotic reason i was having a tough time with drawing Oblique! i actually spent like an hour doing that? wtf is wrong with me?

I really don't think enough time is given to complete all the questions. In order to give a good drawing which is neat and well planned I need to take my time. 35 minutes a question just doesn't give that and everyone had to rush.

Oh god how I love tech graph. 95% and my teacher told me I should be very proud of the result. Mock question on elipse and parabola was according to my tech graph teacher "one of the hardest questions to come up in a tech graph exam he's ever seen", and I ended up getting 68/70 in the question. Absolutely delighted with the result. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

got 93%~(A)-:D

DEB paper btw

onlinenerd wrote: »
    got 93%~(A)-:D

DEB paper btw

Did your paper have some sort of Handicap sign for the rotations question or a train for the orthographic projection?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

Did your paper have some sort of Handicap sign for the rotations question or a train for the orthographic projection?

NO that was not my paper I had stairs for orthographic projection

I got 49% because i had a bad day that day, it won't happen again.

I got 49% because i had a bad day that day, it won't happen again.

It happens in TG. When one thing goes wrong in TG it seems it just causes a million other things to go wrong, luckily for me I stayed calm and managed to get it in the end. Were you doing Higher or Ordinary?

It happens in TG. When one thing goes wrong in TG it seems it just causes a million other things to go wrong, luckily for me I stayed calm and managed to get it in the end. Were you doing Higher or Ordinary?

Ordinary, I'm dropping TG after JC since I'm not capable of sitting higher level TG.

Ordinary, I'm dropping TG after JC since I'm not capable of sitting higher level TG.

Ah, **** one. Tech Graph kind of works for some people and then doesn't work for some. Heard Design and Communication Graphics (the TG follow-on subject) is far harder than TG so I guess you'd be right in dropping it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement