Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slate flooring in hall and kitchen

Options
  • 19-06-2006 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

We have been pricing slate flooring for hall and kitchen (about 20 sq m)- coming up with prices from €50 a sq m and upwards.

Anyone seen any good deals on slate recently- we've been to tilesavers (btw), tile style, right price tiles, UC tiles and Allied Tiles. Anywhere I am missing for a good price on slate?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

If you're close to the border there's a few cheap spots in newry I hear..

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pbull69

Try Discount Tiles in mullingar. I got my kitchen and hallway tiled for less than €10 per sq yard!!! That was 4 months ago and everything still seems to be on sale there.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mullmick

Many thanks- will try these options.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭AdrianR

Are you in Dublin? We found thet all tiles were at least twice the price than they were down this way i.e. Leitrim, Longford, Cavan, Fermanagh. We got slate in Enniskillen for €22 sq yd 2 years ago (Timoney tiles). You should ring a few places and find out how much, particularly outside Dublin. The slate we got was graded so it was all more or less the same thickness making it much easier to lay.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mullmick

Thanks Adrian.
    I live in Dublin, but I am from the north. I have only looked around Dublin though at the minute. Seems getting out of Dublin could cut my costs a good bit.... will maybe take a bit of a road trip this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

i just picked up black slate floor tiles for my kitcghen and hall last week. 9.95 sq m.

walshes on the daingean rd in Tullamore.

they hace a range of tiles in there for good value.

It was advertised as 12.95 sq m but when my wife bought them she was charged 9.95 .. the 12.95 included floor adhesive. Pleased with that.

Oh ,.. its worth mentioing. Walshes have two stores beside each other. You want the one on the right .. it's a kind of warehouse where they keep cheap and end of line tiles etc. The drawback is that this shop doesn't deliver, so if you make the trip that far keep in mind that it might be worth bringing a vehicle capable of carrying the amount of tiles you want.

good luck!

Advertisement