Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imro

Options
  • 19-06-2006 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Last night at a gig, a guy came up to us and said he was from IMRO and wanted our set list. He said IMRO had money left in the kitty and wanted to send royalties for playing them out to the artists....... what do you think of that? Bit mad/suss/wrong/right??????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

Edja wrote:
    Last night at a gig, a guy came up to us and said he was from IMRO and wanted our set list. He said IMRO had money left in the kitty and wanted to send royalties for playing them out to the artists....... what do you think of that? Bit mad/suss/wrong/right??????

What ever venue you were playing at should have payed the licence as a venue that covers royalties for original artists when a band covers their work in the venue. I dunno what the hell whoever that guy was was on about. Maybe he just wanted your set list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Imro call themselves a Non profit organisation but yet pay board of management handsome salaries of over €130,000 a year each. Give those gangsters nothing.
    I'd say Most small artists get very close to Zero royalties

Imro call themselves a Non profit organisation but yet pay board of management handsome salaries of over €130,000 a year each. Give those gangsters nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭maccored

if you are registered with IMRO and send in your live setlists, IMRO will pay you for your own songs and pay the copyright holders of any covers you play.
    What’s the position if another artist is performing my songs?

In addition to all the information you supply to IMRO about your own gigs, IMRO is also continually surveying venues throughout Ireland to determine which works are being performed live. To supplement this information we also monitor all the National Press and all the major magazines finding out what gigs are on by established artists in established venues.

What can you do?

Ask the artist to send in their complete set lists to IMRO or, alternatively provide the set list to you which you can then pass on to IMRO. This set list should contain all the songs the artist performs, not just your songs.

If this proves to be difficult please provide IMRO with a contact number for the artist’s management or agent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement