Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VST Software for Mac?

• 19-06-2006 4:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I've got a VST instrument, and was wondering - what is the best freeware software available for me to be able to use the instrument?
    If there's nothing freeware, then what other software is there, other than the likes of Cubase, Pro Tools, and the other "famous" ones.

Cheers,
    S.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭matu

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/Muzys_mac/
    which is cheaper than some of the others that you meantioned above, do you not have Garge Band on your Mac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Theres plenty of free ones if you just google "vst host". They won't be anything pretty but they'll be allow you to use the plugin.

Do you not have a DAW already though? Such as Acid, Live, Cubase, FL Studio etc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

See, I'm a pianist. I'm only looking to use a piano vst instrument. I haven't really had much experience with production software - only Cabase for PC.
    I got my MacBook Pro a few months ago, so I'm looking to move.

I have Garage band, but I haven't been able to get a VST to work.

S

Have you found a vst folder for it sometimes these programs have their own vst folder, and a 3rd party vst folder and if you dont put it int eh 3rd party folder it wont show up.
    Im not sure of Garage Band put is there a scan for vst in the menu section anywhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

There is a third party app to enable you to use VSTs with GarageBan, so it's not native anyways.

• Advertisement

Ok and is that the folder that you have put the VST into?
    that should bring it up unless the VST isnt for the Mac or Garage Band just doesnt know what to do with it. Normally tho The program (Garage Band) will create its only controls with the VST.

Advertisement