Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No direct link between 9/11 + OBL?

Options
  • 19-06-2006 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article13664.htm

tbh I take whats written there with a pinch of salt. However they are correct. The most wanted poster for OBL makes absolutly no reference to 9/11 at all.

Could of sworn it did before.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I've seen something along these lines mentioned before and the whole connection between the two seems a bit tenuous to say the least, never mind the wanted poster. Remember the "authentic" video that was "captured" in Afghanistan(lucky that, those lads should buy a lotto ticket)? A video that was more faked than Pammy Andersons decollatage purporting to show Osama and his minions gloating over 911 sealed the deal for me. It appeared that certain elements in the free world were trying that bit too hard. Not much mention of it since for such a smoking gun. Things that make you go Hmmmmm, indeed.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I see that international papers are starting to pick up the story. If its true it would be a huge blow to the Afganistan campaign. Also begs the question what evidence do they have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

hmm im sure this point was already discovered yrs ago, before this guy happened to ring the FBI, which is where words link linked and inspired come into it... If the CIRA DOG forbid blew something up tmw it would be al qaeda linked...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,363 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

whatever happened to those "passports" they found at the site belonging to the terrorists, did they ever retract that one

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Unfortunately it seems that the American and British public need a single "bad guy" to focus there attention on. It used to be Communists (as if all communist countries exchanged plans to take over the west), now it is this international network of terrorists called Al Queda.

They need to know that there is an enemy that they can actually fight against. Believing that everything is Al Queda makes it seem like they have a chance against modern terrorism because there is a group to direct attention towards.

The reality that there a dozens of independent terrorist movements, each with individual independent cells, opperating out there, acting on their own planning and inititive is too scary an idea.

Which is why you get the terrorist campaigns in Iraq linked to Al Queda, even though Bin Laden is supposed to strongly disapprove of Muslims fighting other Muslims, or even the ridiculous idea that Al Queda was linked to Sadam (when in reality they hated each other).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Don't Mention The Saudis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭xha1r

In my opinion Wicknight, you are absolutely right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭tunaman

Wicknight wrote:
    The reality that there a dozens of independent terrorist movements, each with individual independent cells, opperating out there, acting on their own planning and inititive is too scary an idea.

If that's true, can you explain why, despite the borders of the US being completely wide open before and even after 9/11, there have been NO terrorist attacks there?

Wait a minute, there was that anthrax attack just after 9/11, which was blamed on Iraq, but the story went deathly quiet after it was traced back to a US military base...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/anthrax/story/0,1520,653082,00.html

So despite the actions of the US in the World, especially after 9/11, not even one of these independent terrorist movements you are talking about has even tried to attack inside the US...

I have been telling people about the FBI website not linking Bin Laden to 9/11 for a good while now, but most people try to shrug it off as mere incompetence, yet again...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

One of the best videos I've seen about 9/11.
    I've actually only watched the first 30 mins so far and I'm not saying I believe it bit its very, very convincing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

tunaman wrote:
    I have been telling people about the FBI website not linking Bin Laden to 9/11 for a good while now, but most people try to shrug it off as mere incompetence, yet again...
    Just after September 11 (September 12th maybe), OBL issued a statement that he wasn't responsible, congratulating whoever had done it.

I've never heard how it was determined that he was involved.

Was anything ever released except for that tape?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

Gurgle wrote:
    Just after September 11 (September 12th maybe), OBL issued a statement that he wasn't responsible, congratulating whoever had done it.

I've never heard how it was determined that he was involved.

Was anything ever released except for that tape?

I raised this point at the time but maybe bnot here :).
    But some links are evidenct.
    It is fairly accepted that 9/11 was carried out by Muslim fundamentalists. Most of them were Saudi but saudi Arabia was a US base at the time and Bush has many friends who are part of the Saudi Islamofacist dictatorship.

It is also accepted that Bin Laden was close to the Mujihadeen and the Taliban who wanted to have a muslim dictatorship similar to Saudi Arabia. The Taliban and Mujihadeen were assisted by The US in order to kick the Russians out of Afghanistan. Having funded and trained and equipped them the US then lust left Afghanistan and allowed the Taliban to take over.

I have never seen any direct evidence that Osama planned 9/11. I have no doubt he would like people to think he did. But al Khyda is not like an army. It does not have a "head" from which all the orders and plans come that you can cut off and the movement dies. So it is possible someone else in Al khyda planned 9/11. I havent seen evidence for that either.

The largest Muslim state in the world -Indonesia - also had a dictatorship supported by the US. Indeed thay were a big client for Us and UK weaponry. Little was stated of their dictatorship which existed when Saddam was under embargo!

the Chagos Islands were held from the people who own it and the British leased them to the US for one pound and the largest US base outside the US Diego Garcia was built there! They lost their land but Saddam was funded by the US at the same time! Until that is Saddam decided that he wanted to do his own thing.

The whole issue points to double standards.

Now the US Supreme court is stating that you cant have some of these double standards. You cant hold people without trial (against US and international law) and claim
    1. international law doesent apply
    2. The people are not prisioners of war therefore they do not have the POW rights
    3. They are not non combatants so they are not civilians either - so they do not have civilian rights
    4. They are not on US soil so they are not entitled to be tried under standard Us practices.

Two major planks of Bush Jr. election will have been removed first that the military can act against terror in a "war" without reference to civil process:-
    Now the Us will have to reclassify the Guantanamo prisioners as "POW"s if they want to try them under secret Military courts. But then they will have rights! And they cant take them to the Us or reclassify them as non POWs without having to award due process under civil courts!

Also Bush cant just tell the army to do as he asks without reference. He does not have "ultimate power" like the dictators and potential dictators the US UK France Germany and his regime dealt with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Wolff

Does this kind of post remind anyone of -

Hitler - Holocaust - no direct link

Wolff wrote:

No. Care to expand? Or you just going for godwin?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Nothing linking Bin Laden to 9/11. The FBI have already admitted as much. Bin Laden himself denied any involvement. Now obviously if he had been the mastermind you'd expect him to be gloating over it, not denying it so someone else could take the credit. The whole thing stinks really. There's still media reports of him making videos, giving audio speeches etc., despite reports from the Middle East and Pakistan that he is already dead. Saw that faked video myself, it was laughably bad. The guy in the video barely looks anything like Bin Laden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Wolff wrote:

Now that sort of comparison is just going a bit too far. Doncha think???
    aidan24326 wrote:
    Saw that faked video myself, it was laughably bad. The guy in the video barely looks anything like Bin Laden.

See the attachment, spot the odd one out!!

Edit: "E" looks more like saddam!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0607040211jul04,1,5984422.story?coll=chi-newsnationworld-hed

The CIA shut Alec Station, the unit tasked with finding him.

From the article:

CIA officials said that tracking bin Laden and his deputies remains a high priority, and that the decision to disband the unit is not a sign that the effort has slackened. Instead, the officials said, the realignment reflects a belief that the agency can better deal with high-level threats by focusing on regional trends rather than on specific organizations or individuals.

"The efforts to find Osama bin Laden are as strong as ever," said Jennifer Dyck, a CIA spokeswoman.

Class. Pure class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

I have never seen any direct evidence that Osama planned 9/11.

What are you expecting, that he issues a confession?

Oh wait:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/1708091.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭RedPlanet

civdef wrote:

Oh wait:

HAHA!
    That's that tape that looks like somebody else and shows the geezer writing with the WRONG hand (for it to be Bin Laden).

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/osamatape.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

civdef wrote:

Oh wait:

American intelligence officers are said to have recovered the tape from a house in the eastern Afghan town of Jalalabad following the collapse of the ruling Taleban, who were harbouring Bin Laden.

Yes, thats right.
    He boasts about every attack ever carried out by anyone he's ever heard of.
    After 9/11, he said it wasn't him & congratulated the people who had done it.

Then he went to Jalalabad and made a home video confessing to it.

Then he ran away to a cave, leaving the video behind as evidence.

uh-huh!

Ah yes, it's a fake, of course. I'll file it up there with the moon landings and the planes hitting the pentagon. How silly of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Wolff

Yes Civdef.. can you not see its proven beyond doubt by that famous investigative organisation, whose credentials are beyond reproach
    www.whatreallyhappened.com

I pity you believing something posted to that sham, fly by night organisation the BBC.

Now back to my own website...www.worldsbiggestmickey.com

Wolff wrote:
    Yes Civdef.. can you not see its proven beyond doubt by that famous investigative organisation, whose credentials are beyond reproach
    www.whatreallyhappened.com

Well the guy who runs the site borders on "loon", he does have a habit of finding intresting stories (thats all the site really is, a news aggregrator).

However having said that the picture line up of Bin Laden the video one doesn't even remotely look like him at all.

Plus do you not think if he had actually admitted to doing it they would update the FBI site, as the original post was all about.

People are reading an awful lot into the FBI person's comments. It all comes down to what they consider "hard evidence". They may just not reckon that a video like the one above would be sufficient to get a conviction on. Courts tend not to like relying on a single confession, particularly if the accused person is contesting it.

By "hard evidence" they may be referring to physical evidence, of which there probably is very little to find.

civdef wrote:
    People are reading an awful lot into the FBI person's comments.

That person being a senior person in the CIA.

Or maybe reading something into the fact that Administration said they had "Hard Evidence" and it would be released but never was. The only thing released is a video where the person in it if it was OBL would of gotten the reverse operation Micheal Jackson got.

Not that we should believe Bin Laden, despite claiming live on TV in the middle east around that time straight out denying any involvement in the attacks.

Or prehaps the fact the administration no longer refer to OBL in relation to 9/11 but instead AQ.
    Courts tend not to like relying on a single confession, particularly if the accused person is contesting it.

Wow you think he will get his day in a real court! :) I love your optimism.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

civdef wrote:
    Ah yes, it's a fake, of course. I'll file it up there with the moon landings and the planes hitting the pentagon. How silly of me.
    Indeed it is silly to lump that dodgy bit of tape with those other examples. It is a fake. The man in the video doesn't look like him, writes with the wrong hand and speaks a different dialect/accent of Arabic. None of the other "senior" figures of AQ that are supposed to be in the video are known. The pentagon distanced themselves from it pretty rapidly when such problems were pointed out to them. Ever wonder why you heard so little since of the video, considering how damning it would be if proved true? Regardless of how you stand on OBL's involvement, that video is dodgy to say the least.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

That person being a senior person in the CIA.

"The Muckraker Report spoke with Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI. When asked why there is no mention of 9/11 on Bin Laden’s Most Wanted web page, Tomb said, “The reason why 9/11 is not mentioned on Usama Bin Laden’s Most Wanted page is because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11.” "
    Wow you think he will get his day in a real court! I love your optimism.

Nope, I can't see that happening, and I'm still not convinced yer man isn't dead, but the FBI will still be loking atthis as a criminal case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

civdef wrote:

Don't you think that giving the American people a video of Osama confessing was an absolute polictical necessity? Doesn't finding such a clearcut and orchestrated confession within that time frame strike you as miraculous given that they still haven't come close to capturing the man himself 5 years later.

When the subsequent invasion of Iraq on the grounds of them harbouring weapons of mass destruction proved false, the reason changed to Sadam being a despot and various bizzare efforts made to link him with Osama.
    It is simply a culture where the hierarchy of American polictics communicates with it's people on the crudest level. Sadam bad, war good. Plane hit buliding, Osama did it.

The truth of global terrorism is that it is multi faceted and extraordinarily unpredictable. Cells of extremists based everywhere waiting for commands or who are simply entirely self regulated.

It is a generally accepted idea that large American corporations disregard laws and humanity to achieve their goals so what would stop their govenrment from doing exactly the same?

The Guantanamo Bay detainment camp seems to be finally coming to an end after essentially the whole western world gently informing the US that is was unsustainibly illegal and they have recently been found out on their infamous rendition flights also.

Now consider America as a global arms dealer. They've armed Israel to the hilt. They've armed the middle east. Now they're invoved in a massive mess in Iraq and would probably back Israel another illegal war in Iran. Why?
    Economy, the establisment of dominant western culture and the assimilation of forced democracies in wartorn contries.

A democracy is the best solution for captialism, simple.

Amercia is now a place where success power, greed and the destruction of moral value s prevail. The obesity in amercia is possibly the worlds first step in human devolution. and the sad fact is that western society has adopted this cuture of lazy unaspiring materialism. Art is dead, shopping lives.
    They sell everthing incliding christian fundamentalism.

Maybe Islamic culture doesn't want this shoved down their throat.

So do you really find hard to believe that such a warmongering and capitialist nation would doctor a video to appease it's nation given the atrocities it carries out on a dialy basis?

If it was such an obvious fake - why hasn't the proof it was fake been all over the shop rather than on some obscure conspiracy sites?

Do you really think no-one would seize this perfect opportunity to nail the Bush administration if it was so easy to show as a fake?

and the assimilation of forced democracies in wartorn contries.

A democracy is the best solution for captialism, simple.

Boo hiss, down with democracy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

stevejazzx wrote:
    Amercia is now a place where success power, greed and the destruction of moral value s prevail. The obesity in amercia is possibly the worlds first step in human devolution. and the sad fact is that western society has adopted this cuture of lazy unaspiring materialism. Art is dead, shopping lives.
    They sell everthing incliding christian fundamentalism.

Maybe Islamic culture doesn't want this shoved down their throat.
    I'm in Malaysia at the moment. They like shopping here. The shopping malls are far better than anything you would see in Ireland. I'm writing this from outside a Starbucks for the free wifi.

Advertisement