Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maths whiz advice

Options
  • 19-06-2006 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

alright lads! For maths Higher p2 Q1 part i. I got for the equation of the line to equal x-1 to be squared + y-1 to be squared=8.

Now on the leaving cert.ie website for all the solutions they got x-1 to be squared + y-1 to be squared=32

Any1 which is correct?????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

the one on the paper...

doesn't need a maths whizz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MarieDuffy

No leavingcert.ie have done out solutions to the paper. I cant see how they got 32 for the radius...i got 8!
    Just wondering if any1 else got teh radis of the circle to be the square root of 8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

I think you're correct Marie. The diameter is sqrt32 so the radius is sqrt8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MarieDuffy

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

Lads, i wouldnt bother with those results on that site.. they're not the actual answers! and as they say they're only human, so i'd allow for mistakes! You'd b btr off leaving it!!:D
    *just some friendly advice!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement