Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Review

Options
  • 19-06-2006 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Wasnt too bad, i left out interpretation, published and incomplete records so i could have been screwed for section 2 but thank god im lucky!

I did question one, tabular, suspense and question 8.

Only 1 more to go! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

For those of us who didn't do question 1,the shorter questions werent very nice...
    Cashflow,farm and published :(
    What was your balance sheet number for suspense accounts?

Id say I got 65/120 on section 1(I didnt know any of the 3 topics except a small bit of cashflows
    190/200 on section 2
    and 65/80 on section 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

I did question one, ratios, tabular and flexible. I hope I pass *scared*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

DonaldDuck wrote:
    For those of us who didn't do question 1,the shorter questions werent very nice...
    Cashflow,farm and published :(
    What was your balance sheet number for suspense accounts?

Sorry but i havent a clue! :rolleyes:

Ah the joys of question one...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭MB44

balanced q1 perfectly. ratios was a great question. tabular was a bit tough. and marginal was fine. hoping for an A2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Got an a2 in the pre. Got the sole trader balanced then but I didn't today. I was so ****ing pissed off during the exam. I got the suspense balanced and I think I got close to full marks on the tap and flewible budget. Probably got most of the marks for sole trader. Hopefully an a2/a1 but also likely of a b2/b1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

What was with the marginal costing question? I didn't have a clue about part B! And I had ignored Budgeting!
    I was so pissed off! I doubt I'll get an A1 now, hopefully I'll get the A2 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

i will get 30-45% percent hopefully above 38% ( a pass)i was disgusted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭happydance

I was really happy! I didn't question one which balanced after a bit! When on to Question 9, I liked the flexible budgets, good thing to though 'cos from the glance I had the question 8 didn't look to friendly! Did question 6 and 7 then. the suspense was nice but I wasn't mad on the tabular so I did question 5 anyway. All in all I'm happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

for curiousity sake, what came up in q1.

company
    manfuacturing
    sole trader

???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

I'm gonna fail it :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭happydance

Cremo wrote:
    for curiousity sake, what came up in q1.

company
    manfuacturing
    sole trader

???
    Sole trader did.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SirCretop

did q1 and was like 72000 out exactly but looking back over what I did i did everything right so must just have been a calculation mistake. did ratios and tabs. were handy enuff. tthe marginal costing part B was weird. never done or seen nething like it b4 so was pisssed rightly off as i was definately on for a1 before that question......now hoping for a2. what did people get as the capital employed or total net assets figure in q1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Groovy Chic

I nearly cried with hapiness when my q1 worked out, first time ever.:) was annoyed didnt get suspense to balance, what was the balance?
    Really glad i covered flexi budgets cos q8 looked weird. It could have been a lot worse so I happy :D

A1 paper, couldn't have been much happier.

Farm Accounts, what did i tell all yee doubters?
    Cash Flow 100%

Tabular 100% correct
    Suspense 100% correct

Did the Flex budgeting question. Got the figures.

Theory was dodgy on some parts.

Still got my A1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JCB

I nearly cried with hapiness when my q1 worked out, first time ever.:) was annoyed didnt get suspense to balance, what was the balance?
    Really glad i covered flexi budgets cos q8 looked weird. It could have been a lot worse so I happy :D

That paper was beautiful! Q1 Great! Q6 Great! Q7 Great!
    But what about the theory on Q8/Q9?
    What the hell is "adverse variance" or controllable costs?
    Did anyone get decimals in the answer for Q9?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

A1 paper, couldn't have been much happier.

Farm Accounts, what did i tell all yee doubters?
    Cash Flow 100%

Tabular 100% correct
    Suspense 100% correct

Did the Flex budgeting question. Got the figures.

Theory was dodgy on some parts.

Still got my A1
    How did you do the last adjustment in suspense, i put it in capaital and creditors but i get the feeling it should have been put somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

JCB wrote:
    That paper was beautiful! Q1 Great! Q6 Great! Q7 Great!
    But what about the theory on Q8/Q9?
    What the hell is "adverse variance" or controllable costs?
    Did anyone get decimals in the answer for Q9?
    yeah, .58 or something like that. All the theory parts were hard i though, on Q9 and Q7 anyway.

How did you do the last adjustment in suspense, i put it in capaital and creditors but i get the feeling it should have been put somewhere else.

i cant remember exactly what the question was, if someone posts it up i'll do it?

Also, an adverse variance is when actual costs > Budgeted Costs

Also, an adverse variance is when actual costs > Budgeted Costs

Ah-ha! Did you get the direct material costs/ (un)controllable costs too?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

i thought that was a b****x test.

They added something new into everything.....

some guys i know have to change their CAO now because it was that bad,,,but they blame our teacher all he did was hand out solutions and explained things very briefly

i did a crap attempt at tabular

was 1800 out of balance on question 1

did interp prettyy well

and did marginal fine but guessed my way through absorption

anyone else think that was a ridiculous paper?

• Advertisement

Controllable Cost = Dividends, the business decides how much they pay.

UnControllable = Corporation Tax, they have no say in it.

Oh well! Cheers for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭MB44

Emmet i shouldnt of doubted you with farm accounts . YA big bloody culchie

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

**** off the lot of you
    How do you know you get something "100% correct" anyway?

Practise makes perfect...

And it balances.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Got me Question 1 out in 40minutes and almost **** meselft with happiness :D Lovely Tab, got that out (but it always does) and the same as a few, so that's in the bag :D

I got the Suspense question out (around 801,000), but not sure if it's right as someone got theirs balanced, but got a different figure. The last adjustment was a bollox - diagnostic equipment :confused::confused::confused: What are Errors of Commission and Principle? I only had learned their names, but made a logical guess.

The only **** of a question was the second part of Q8 which probably cost me my A1 :( But nobody had a CLUE, so I'm hoping teachers complain...

EDIT: Also, did anyone see the Pass paper? Departmental for Q1!!! Ha, everyone was raging! It's only a matter of time before it hits the Honours paper...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

Rob30888 wrote:
    Got me Question 1 out in 40minutes and almost **** meselft with happiness :D Lovely Tab, got that out (but it always does) and the same as a few, so that's in the bag :D

I got the Suspense question out (around 801,000), but not sure if it's right as someone got theirs balanced, but got a different figure. The last adjustment was a bollox - diagnostic equipment :confused::confused::confused: What are Errors of Commission and Principle? I only had learned their names, but made a logical guess.

The only **** of a question was the second part of Q8 which probably cost me my A1 :( But nobody had a CLUE, so I'm hoping teachers complain...

EDIT: Also, did anyone see the Pass paper? Departmental for Q1!!! Ha, everyone was raging! It's only a matter of time before it hits the Honours paper...
    For suspense i got around 800,000 but my balancing was a little off.At least i know im probably mostly correct now

balanced at something like 804,100

the last adjustment was to debit a Hire Diagnosit Equip ac, and also a Prepaid account for next year. Then to Credit Bank also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Practise makes perfect...

And it balances.

Doesnt mean its right though... :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

Did anyone write down there answers?

Q1)balanced at 1480480

Q5)Interpretation
    A)3.75
    B)17.33
    C)602000
    D)13.33
    E)8.57

Q6 tabular
    got it to balance at 730040 im not sure if thats right tho....

Q9)Flexible
    Total cost for 95% is 705000
    conrtibution 262632

Anyone confirm or correct these?

Advertisement