Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Review

Options
2»

Comments

Tabular 730320

your flex budgeting is the same as mine, except i included the decimal figures.

Didn't do the other 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 madmazz89

maxi-twist wrote:
    Did anyone write down there answers?

Q1)balanced at 1480480

Q5)Interpretation
    A)3.75
    B)17.33
    C)602000
    D)13.33
    E)8.57

Q6 tabular
    got it to balance at 730040 im not sure if thats right tho....

Q9)Flexible
    Total cost for 95% is 705000
    conrtibution 262632

Anyone confirm or correct these?

ya i got dee q1 balance...dee tab wz diff nd i cnt rembr dee 09!! on an overview it wzn a bad paper...i jus knew deyd trow in a few tricky bits ie;the theory to trow peeple of dere guaranteed a1's! herz to hopin most of us got a decent grade! and jus wan wish evry1 a brill summr.....cuz itz 8 weeks till now dee results will be cumin out...DUN DUN DUN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Was absolutley fantastic. Maybe not A grade but should be up there.

Did both Q8 and 9 within 40 mins. Pretty sure I got both fully right apart from the theory which was a bit iffy.

Did Tabular Statement, went well again (Cheers to those who helped with the insurance bit yesterday, worked a treat today but a small bit different). Hopefully about 80% right in that.

Ended up doing ratio's. Went well again. Learned them off about 15 mins before I went in and just wrote them all down when I got in. Amazingly they were mostly correct when I checked them later. Did everyone else say that the debenture holders would be unhappy?

The final account. Really...well...poor. Thought I had the work done on it but obviously didn't. Was about 300k out, my notes weren't great. Probabley should've done two short questions but didn't have the time to go back and do two.

Overall, fairly happy. Flexible budgeting is ridiculously easy,same with marginal costing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

Tabular 730320

Didn't do the other 2.
    I think i got that in the tabular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭xnightwishx

A1 paper, couldn't have been much happier.

Farm Accounts, what did i tell all yee doubters?
    Cash Flow 100%

Tabular 100% correct
    Suspense 100% correct

Did the Flex budgeting question. Got the figures.

Theory was dodgy on some parts.

Still got my A1
    No offence or anything...but nobody likes a bragg-er. How do you know you got your tabuluar 100% correct?

None of my balance sheets worked out but the differences weren't dramatic so I think I did ok! Luckily for me who didn't study any theory, the theory bits were blaggable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Conor h

For Tabs how did everyone do the provison for Bad Debts working?

I ddi get that figure somebody had above but i hadn't seen that working before and took an educated guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

wasnt too bad a paper,it was on the hard side i thought.
    I was delighted when question 1 came up and even got it to balance,i also did interpretation and tabular and question 8,the second part(b part i) was a bitch,so i made an attempt at that and knew b part 2 so im pretty sure I got an A.......only thing im not sure about is what kind,an a1 or a2

Conor h wrote:
    For Tabs how did everyone do the provison for Bad Debts working?

I ddi get that figure somebody had above but i hadn't seen that working before and took an educated guess!
    As in the march adjustment?I just added 1500 to the 4500 that was already there because 6% of 100000 was 6000.Cant remember what else I did in the adjustment though!Made sense at the time

The Agogo wrote:
    they blame our teacher all he did was hand out solutions and explained things very briefly

hahaha i second that....he even earned himself the nickname "mr.solutions" and he gave out so many solutions that there was a joke amongst the class that he never gives out solutions...which is all he did give out

The Agogo wrote:
    they blame our teacher all he did was hand out solutions and explained things very briefly

hahaha i second that....he even earned himself the nickname "mr.solutions" and he gave out so many solutions that there was a joke amongst the class that he never gives out solutions...which is all he ever did give out

• Advertisement

DonaldDuck wrote:
    As in the march adjustment?I just added 1500 to the 4500 that was already there because 6% of 100000 was 6000.Cant remember what else I did in the adjustment though!Made sense at the time

Didn't do that meself!!:(

But if that's the only thing i got wrong what am i looking ta?
    85?

DonaldDuck wrote:

yes that was correct..

you seperate the debtors and "provision for bad debts"

same as you do for accumulated depreciation.

the original debtors figure was 90,000 with 4500 as BDP.

then when the other company was bought that added 10,000 to debtors.

6% meant €6000, so increase BDP by 1500, and increase P+L figure.

yes that was correct..

you seperate the debtors and "provision for bad debts"

same as you do for accumulated depreciation.

the original debtors figure was 90,000 with 4500 as BDP.

then when the other company was bought that added 10,000 to debtors.

6% meant €6000, so increase BDP by 1500, and increase P+L figure.
    Do you not decrease the P+L figure as BDP is a negative asset?And BDP WOUld bring it down 1500?
    Giving you
    BDP (1500)
    P/L (1500)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

the leaving cert was a **** stain, and maths and accounting more than others

the leaving cert was a **** stain, and maths and accounting more than others
    To be honest,most of the accounting paper was pretty fair.Section 2 was perfect-Anyone that couldnt do that just didnt put any work in.
    Section 1 is different though,as I know a lot of people left published accounts and farm accounts(Damn revaluation/depreciate supposodly coming up every year!).
    Section 3 was peculiar with the marginal costing but I think I still did OK.but I'm not sure.My prediction is between a B3-B1 depending on my attempt marks on the farm account and cashflow

What did yee do for Closing Stock in Q1?

Divide by 125 x 1oo and subtract that figure from the original Closing Stock one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

so many theory questions ffs! and yes i did expect reval or dep or cash budgeting ... marginal was weird . wahst obsorptional costing?

so many theory questions ffs! and yes i did expect reval or dep or cash budgeting ... marginal was weird . wahst obsorptional costing?
    There was a lot of theory last year so I wasnt suprised(I still didn't learn it..accounting theory is so boring)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭xnightwishx

Conor h wrote:
    What did yee do for Closing Stock in Q1?

Divide by 125 x 1oo and subtract that figure from the original Closing Stock one?

Divide by 125 x100
    Add figure onto Closing stock (goods in transit, you purchased so you have more stock)
    Add figure onto Purchases
    Add figure onto Creditors.

It came up in 1998 or some stage around then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

your suspense answer looks more like mine than any of the other answeres I see on this thread. (801000)
    Tabular 730320

Didn't do the other 2.

I got that flex budgeting too. So this is full marks for the tabular(how did I manage that). I figure out some adjustments I never seen before. Got the suspense balanced and knew the theory. Hopefully 90 marks there. all of flexible budgeting excpet the adverse thing. And most of question one. Got 148 and 147 something. God I didn't realise I was this clsoe to an A. I thought i ****ed the tab because I nvever seen the adjustments before but I think adrenalin got me it out.

• Advertisement

DonaldDuck wrote:
    Do you not decrease the P+L figure as BDP is a negative asset?And BDP WOUld bring it down 1500?
    Giving you
    BDP (1500)
    P/L (1500)

sorry, yeah, that's right, BDP is a Negative figure, so increasing it means (1500) and P+L (1500) also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

Divide by 125 x100
    Add figure onto Closing stock (goods in transit, you purchased so you have more stock)
    Add figure onto Purchases
    Add figure onto Creditors.

It came up in 1998 or some stage around then.
    feck i think i took it from stock but i added it to the others... ithink! cant remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

maxi-twist wrote:
    Did anyone write down there answers?

Q1)balanced at 1480480

Q5)Interpretation
    A)3.75
    B)17.33
    C)602000
    D)13.33
    E)8.57

Q6 tabular
    got it to balance at 730040 im not sure if thats right tho....

Q9)Flexible
    Total cost for 95% is 705000
    conrtibution 262632

Anyone confirm or correct these?

My Q1 balanced at 1,477,480 :confused:

My Tab balanced at 730,920, but I did the Prov Bad Debts wrong as I forgot the new Debtors :(

And my Suspense which is wrong anyway balanced at 810,430

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭disney

im delighted some other people balanced question one at 1,480,480 so hopefully thats 120m!

i done tab, i got 730,320!!

suspense i got 808,630. i think thats wrong tho cos no one else seems to ave it!!

was well pissed off bout marginal costing(had that practised 100times!)was forced into flexi with horrible theory :mad:

but overall im pretty happy, biggest shock i think was marginal costing and the fact club or service didnt show.
    hoping to get on well in August!!!!!!
    gud luk! :cool:

Advertisement