Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

removing music from vob file

• 19-06-2006 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, first time posting on this forum so if anyone has asked this before apologies. Did a search but didn't find anything specific on it. Anyway, here's the problem, I've got some vob files of bungy jumps etc that we did while on holidays. It was only when I got home though and played them with the sound on that I realised the guys who stick them on disk for you at the bungy centre for some reason added the crappiest and most atomospheric crushing musak to it. You can still hear the conversations between us and the bungy crew very faintly in the background as well as all the other people shouting encouragment so I know the original sound is still there. I've messed around with audio software in the past and know it's possible to lay down/remove additional tracks quite easily so I'm hoping the same is possible with vobs. I've looked around on the net and whilst there is a wealth of software available out there I'm hoping someone here would know what would be most suitable for this. If anyone has done it before even better.

Cheers and apologies if this has been covered before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

UNless it's on the left/right channel isolated, then I don't think it'd be possible!

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

how could I find out? I know the music was laid down over it after the initial recording, that's why I would have thought it possible to remove it, as I said though, no experience in auditing video :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

import the vob to a video editing package - I use adobe premiere - had to rename the .vob to a .avi. Unlink the audio. Add your own "kicking" sound track - then output it, import to a dvd authoring package, output it, and bobs your uncle. Don't know how you'll split your dialogue from the original sound track (screams, yells etc..) as I wasn't able to do it when I test tried it a few minutes ago. Maybe you could fake it and record new audio and then mix with your new music....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

An awful lot of work for a holiday video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

reece wrote:
    import the vob to a video editing package - I use adobe premiere - had to rename the .vob to a .avi. Unlink the audio. Add your own "kicking" sound track - then output it, import to a dvd authoring package, output it, and bobs your uncle. Don't know how you'll split your dialogue from the original sound track (screams, yells etc..) as I wasn't able to do it when I test tried it a few minutes ago. Maybe you could fake it and record new audio and then mix with your new music....:)

cheers Reece, I'll have a look into that and let you know how I get on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

No problem

Advertisement