Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom DSL down in Swords - fibre cut

• 19-06-2006 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

My Eircom DSL in Swords has been down since last Thurs night / Fri morning.

Talking to Eircom on Friday morning and over the weekend, they say someone cut a fibre cable and there are a lot of their customers impacted.

The ETA for service renewal was Monday evening at the earliest.

Anyone else having this issue ? I'm pretty annoyed by their inablilty to solve this sooner, and I'll be looking for a refund for the downtime.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Work was cut off on Friday all right, but it was back this morning.

The modem had no CD/DSL Sync light but RTX/CTX were flashing. Is that the same as the problem you are having? The Eircom man said something about a DSL HAM????? or something gone in an exchange.

L.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

He probably said DSLAM.

Thats the piece of equipment that our DSL modems connect to.

Im in Swords near main street and am ok have been all weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I'm just north of swords and have had service all weekend. It was down one evening last week. I heard from a reliable source that they were upgrading the equipment in the exchange to facilitate faster BB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

I'm down near applewood and its out since Thurs night/Fri morning. Still was at 7am this morning.

Everytime I call them they give me a different reason from a netword card in the exchange, a cut fibre cable to a problem with the "SAN" - which is clearly not the case.

I have to say, the Eircom support team are pretty weak on the customer support side. They seem confused about what the issue is and are totally unable to tell me when the service will be back, and can only assure me that it's effecting others and not just me.

I'm in the dark on this. And I'm beginning to get annoyed. It's down 5 days now.

Will post back when I hear more. God only knows when that will be.

According to Eircom, this has now been resolved. There was a fibre cable cut and they routed the traffic onto another line or something. According to the Eircom guy I talked to today it was up and down like a yo-yo all weekend.

So it seems like I have another issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

All the upping and downing may have confused your modem, try the old switchy ony offy if you havent already.

Yeah tried all that. A line fault I had three weeks ago that a technician had to fix (including disconnecting all my internal extensions, but thats another story) seems to be back.

Technician booked and he'll be on the way out to fix it over the next few days.

:(

Advertisement