Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truing wheels

Options
  • 19-06-2006 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Anybody recommend a good bike shop on the southside to true some wheels?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

The Bike Rack, Johnstown Road, Cabinteely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Harkev

A friend of mine had some buckles worked out in the ucd bike shop, he said he was very happy with the work...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

I had a very bad buckle and i brought it to hollingsworth cycles in stillorgan and they sorted it no prob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭godfather69er

buy the spoke keys and try it yourself it just takes patience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Joe Daly's in Dundrum
    Hollingsworth Cycles in Templeogue/Stillorgan
    Cycle Inn in Tallaght

All good for wheel work - I've used all of them in the past. Daly's do the work themselves, the others send them out to a builder AFAIK - Probably the same person too.

Gil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭illumin

Thanks for all the replies. I'll be rolling straight down the street in no time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 hem

Just a word of warning about Hollingsworth in Stillorgan. They replaced a rim and spokes on my bike 6 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago I had to return the bike as 2 of the spokes had broken and a lot more had come loose and the rim had gone off true. They replaced the spokes and re-trued the wheel. Yesterday while cycling home one of the new spokes broke. On further inspection 5 of the spokes had come loose too.

Andrew

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭mockerydawg

Hollingsworth Templogue is a fine bike shop, but not his brothers place in Stillorgan. I would have thought after nearly 10 years someone in that place would have learned how to build a wheel by now but clearly not. ..
    Avoid this shop!

Advertisement