Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have the solution to your problems!

• 19-06-2006 6:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

I've been trying to just get a plain old phoneline (for starters) with Eircom for the past few weeks. I've mentioned this on a few other posts. I had a landline that would ring if you dialled the number but it would only ring at the exchange and not in my home. I got on to ComReg but they can't do much until you've exhausted Eircom's complaints procedure.

I then decided to go to the Citizen's Advice Bureau. I thought they would just tell me to get on to ComReg but not only did they ring Eircom on my behalf, they finally got a technician out to my place the very same day! I couldn't believe it. I first asked to have a technician look at the phone line back on 29th May. Eircom were saying 10 working days, then they were saying 28 days and now today I got it fixed. HALLELUJAH!

Therefore, if you're having a problem getting a phone or broadband service, my advice to you is to go to your local Citizen's Advice Bureau.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

JJ wrote:
    I've been trying to just get a plain old phoneline (for starters) with Eircom for the past few weeks. I've mentioned this on a few other posts. I had a landline that would ring if you dialled the number but it would only ring at the exchange and not in my home. I got on to ComReg but they can't do much until you've exhausted Eircom's complaints procedure.

I then decided to go to the Citizen's Advice Bureau. I thought they would just tell me to get on to ComReg but not only did they ring Eircom on my behalf, they finally got a technician out to my place the very same day! I couldn't believe it. I first asked to have a technician look at the phone line back on 29th May. Eircom were saying 10 working days, then they were saying 28 days and now today I got it fixed. HALLELUJAH!

Therefore, if you're having a problem getting a phone or broadband service, my advice to you is to go to your local Citizen's Advice Bureau.

Obviously whoever took the call in Eircom got their CAB's mixed up!

http://www.garda.ie/angarda/cab.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

hehe nice one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Eh, Citizen Information Centre is the correct title. Same diff.

Advertisement