Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Dundrum?

• 19-06-2006 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I have been a customer of Irish Broadband for the last 18 months and all of a sudden we lost our signal about 3 weeks ago so they had to cut us off. I live in the Windy Arbour part of d14 and am looking for a new broadband provider. Can anybody tell me which is the best service provider for this area? I do not have a phone line in the house so this may pose a problem. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭madmike18

i live in milltown which is around the corner from you

i have clearwire and irishbroadband

irishbroadband is running fine

but the clearwire is much better

i put the blackbox next to the window and it works great i get 4 lights somethimes 3 and i always get 260 kbps

for the first 6 months it is 29.95 euro for a 2 mb line
    then you can get the 2 mb line for 49 euro a month or a 1 mb line for 29.95

it works very good for me and i always get good speeds and it is wireless which is pretty cool just pick up the box and plug it in wherever you want it and plug the ethernet cable into your computer or laptop or even plug it into a router and share the connection it is pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

madmike18 wrote:
    i live in milltown which is around the corner from you

i have clearwire and irishbroadband

irishbroadband is running fine

but the clearwire is much better

i put the blackbox next to the window and it works great i get 4 lights somethimes 3 and i always get 260 kbps

for the first 6 months it is 29.95 euro for a 2 mb line
    then you can get the 2 mb line for 49 euro a month or a 1 mb line for 29.95

it works very good for me and i always get good speeds and it is wireless which is pretty cool just pick up the box and plug it in wherever you want it and plug the ethernet cable into your computer or laptop or even plug it into a router and share the connection it is pretty cool.

€30 a month seems pretty expensive for a 1mb line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭madmike18

not really eircom are charging 40 for a 2mb line and then there is line rental which is 25 euro

that is 65 euro for a 2mb line

dont you think that is a rip

and this is wireless which is pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 dyslexixboy

madmike18 wrote:
    not really eircom are charging 40 for a 2mb line and then there is line rental which is 25 euro

that is 65 euro for a 2mb line

dont you think that is a rip

and this is wireless which is pretty good

I pay 35 euros for 3mb line from digiweb its also wireless, imo I would say that is a rip off for a 1mb line!

Advertisement