Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grind teachers required

• 19-06-2006 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

hey, my little brother just did really badly in his first year summer tests, after a year of bad results.
    Does anyone know of any grind teacher that caters to the castleknock area?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Grinds won't make any difference if he has an underlying problem. It would be unusual for a child to have consistently poor results all through first year if there is not a problem.

Was there no subject he was successful in?
    What does he think is the reason he's not doing so well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Stephen Walsh

Yes I am able to give grinds. I teach at seconday level - and am doing a masters in maths {just did a 4 year maths degree in trinity colege dublin}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭peachesxcream

Yes I am able to give grinds. I teach at seconday level - and am doing a masters in maths {just did a 4 year maths degree in trinity colege dublin}
    Did a masters in maths, but obviously not English!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Because it takes a Masters in English to not make typos now? : p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

Because it takes a Masters in English to not make typos now? : p
    Meh, "I teach at seconday level - and am doing..." doesn't really make much sense in all fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Give grinds at secondary level, perhaps?

Advertisement