Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't Seem to Forget Her :(

• 19-06-2006 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

I'm only new to boards, but have always read up on posts out of interest.

My problem is met a girl over 5 months ago, she and kind of asked me out for a drink. I said yeh, because we got on well and had a laugh and she seemed really nice, if not slightly mad. She was only staying in the country for couple of months as she was only over working with friends etc. I didn't really want to get to close as I knew she was going back home. The thing was we spent a good bit of time together and got on great and she was always cracking jokes and making me laugh (which was a first for me ).

The time came for her to go home, so we said are good byes and that we would keep in touch through e-mail and phone and messenger whenever. I didn't really think about her for the first 2 weeks as I had other things on my mind, but for the last few months I can't stop thinking about her, I keep going over in my head what we did, where we went and the laugh’s we had, she's the last thing at night I think about and the first in morning (i know im sounding really GAY) but its the truth and evening during the day.

When I go out with my mates, I’ve know interest in any other girls and im usually quite moody when I am out lately, I always end up going home early and that. I have chatted to girls in the pub and nightclubs, but I don’t really want anything to happen and just make an excuse and leave. The lads know something is up and of course be my best mates and lads they picked up straight away what was up and said it was time to move on and that. I'm not full of confidence when chatting to girls but all the lads always say " your good looking bloke and you should be in there"... I know myself I should be forgetting about her and moving on, but I can't seem to stop thinking about her. I'm saying that I falling in love or that, I would say im more "smitten" with her.

I know lads and girls go through all the time probably, but I never felt like this before about any other girls I’ve being with or gone out with for a while. I can usually move on and leave the past behind me, which is what is so annoying at the moment, I just can't seem to forget: confused:

Anyway I just thought I would post up my thoughts and see what general feelings are about or if anyone else has or had the same experience.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

II can't stop thinking about her, I keep going over in my head what we did, where we went and the laugh’s we had, she's the last thing at night I think about and the first in morning (i know im sounding really GAY) but its the truth and evening during the day.

The term gay has nothing to do with it you are still infatuated or in love with her or what you think is her.

Get in touch with her if you can and maybe go see her or just give yourself time to grieve the relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I think we've all been there man.
    Maybe it's more annoying for you with the "what could have been" aspect.
    It's clearly affecting you, but I know it's nigh impossible to try to move on. It's something that will gradually happen over time as you continue your own life.
    That said, still cherish that friendship with her... are you still keeping in touch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 BLUE-EYE-BOY

whiskeyman wrote:
    That said, still cherish that friendship with her... are you still keeping in touch?

Yeh we still keep in touch, through the odd e-mail and drunen phone call ( mainly her though) and through e-mail. I think tho your it is probably what might have being:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Sounds like LOVE to me.

How far did ye go when she was over ? Was it just friends or more phyiscal ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DubNside

Ya sound very young, I mean its only a short term relationship, its not as if yous lived together and had kids, so get out there, cheer up and meet someone else....

• Advertisement

DubNside wrote:
    Ya sound very young,
    If i was in my early teens then i would put down to being young and that. The fact im in my mid-tweenties and mature for my age i think, makes it harder for me to understand what is going on:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DubNside

I dunno man, wait until yer in a relationship for over 5 years, have kids, cars etc mutual friends and then you spilt up completely and loose it all!

Hope that puts things into perspective for ya, its not that bad!

I'm back again with the same problem and girl. I know its being a few weeks since i first posted up my problem. I was out that weekend with the lads and i got talking to a good friend, we were both pretty drunk at the time, but he said something to me that sort got me thinking and i finally thought i would start forgeting this girl. The trouble now is that i got a phone call of her a few days ago and we were talking for over a half-hour. She knew by my tone of voice that there was something up, but i just put it down to a stressful day in work. The thing is she said things ( im not going into details ) and made all those feelings come flooding back. I haven't heard from her since apart from a e-mail and couple of text mgs. I replied to the first message, but since that im trying to advoide replying back. I know someone people may think whats going on or why am being silly:confused: but i decided i really wanna forget her and move on with my life as its being holding me back with looking for new jobs and that. I really do still like this girl and still feel a lot for her. I still dont think it was love, but i would'nt know as i have never being in love before. I just really liked this girl, but its time to move on and forget. Im only worried now that if and when i meet the next girl, im going to have the barriers up BIG time as i dont want the same thing happing again. I'm very shy person and i couldn't open to her and tell her how i feel as id be afraid she would laugh and that.

I just thought i would update my first post and check the replys to see if people agree with what im doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

where is she from?

She is close by at the moment, but she lives over 30,000miles from Ireland.

I dont wanna say to much;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

What's that silly old vampire film called, "Love at first bite?" Well, it sounds like you were smitten by her. Too bad she is a GUD (Geographically UnDesirable), but then again, I know of someone who I have stayed in contact with and continue to develop a meaningful relationship via the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The earth is only 25k miles in circumference, where is she!? Or is she in "Lost" or something! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

The earth is 25k miles in circumference, where is she?! South Pole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

^^ all the smart arses come out of the wood work!

30,000 is too much, i managed to keep a relationship going with 2000 km being the distance, just by being clever picking up cheap flights, gettin over every month/two...

I'd say move on... find someone < 3500 km away!

Sound advice that! :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

back on topic you lot!
    B

Advertisement