Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE's gatecrasher reports

• 19-06-2006 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody just seen the latest one a couple of minutes ago?

FIFA reps taking hats off the Dutch fans because they were from Heineken and were banned inside the stadium for commercial reasons...:rolleyes:

Anybody got any recordings of the reports by the way, I'd be eternally grateful if someone could upload one or two for a mate in the States who know's Ger Gilroy. Ta.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Yeah just watched it, stopping people who walked in if they had any beer advertisement on there clothes, abit mental, like who from the TV will be able to pick out a logo of a beer company in the middle of a stadium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Beer companies who didnt pay 40 million for exclusive beer rights gave out the free hats and trousers.

Proper order to be honest, bud altho muck paid 40 million for the exclusive rights and should get it, rather than others trying cheap tricks to get their beer on tv.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

KdjaC wrote:
    Beer companies who didnt pay 40 million for exclusive beer rights gave out the free hats and trousers.

Proper order to be honest, bud altho muck paid 40 million for the exclusive rights and should get it, rather than others trying cheap tricks to get their beer on tv.

kdjac

That mean if I wear a Nike t-shirt I'd have to go topless?

Not a pretty sight...;)

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac

One guy had a pair of trouser with a logo in the cornor and wasnt allowed in....Yeah proper order:rolleyes:

next game people with wrangler jeans wont be allowed in because Levi sponsered the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I think Budweiser payed FIFA somewhere between €40m and €80m to be offficial beer of the WC. If they don't want Heinekin hats inside the ground then that's fair enough imho and tough luck for the wearers.

• Advertisement

Big Nelly wrote:
    One guy had a pair of trouser with a logo in the cornor and wasnt allowed in....Yeah proper order:rolleyes:

next game people with wrangler jeans wont be allowed in because Levi sponsered the game

Each of the sponsors from left to right on the ad hoardins(bet someone can name them all by now) paid 40 million each to fifa, some people didnt if they try use dirty tricks to get their brand on the cameras then yes they should be stopped.

They were given out by Heineken and Amstel people and not as a gesture.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Each of the sponsors from left to right on the ad hoardins(bet someone can name them all by now) paid 40 million each to fifa, some people didnt if they try use dirty tricks to get their brand on the cameras then yes they should be stopped.

They were given out by Heineken and Amstel people and not as a gesture.

kdjac

that was the hats and they took them off them which I have no problem with, see the cop trying to get more into the bin and have to jump on it, very funny. But stopping someone for a t-shirt or trouser is a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

KdjaC wrote:
    Each of the sponsors from left to right on the ad hoardins(bet someone can name them all by now)

I'll link...

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/partners.html

That mean if Ireland were there I'd be banned from wearing my Eircom sponsored Ireland jersey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

That mean if Ireland were there I'd be banned from wearing my Eircom sponsored Ireland jersey?

It'd be the perfect way to force the FAIlure to produce and Eircon-less replica jersey tho.

Pigman II wrote:
    It'd be the perfect way to force the FAIlure to produce and Eircon-less replica jersey tho.

Indivuadual deal with FAI ok afaik they tried it last time but they got the pub banners down if anyone recalls that.

Oul Davy had to get his old flag sent over irc :) the one without the pub name on it.

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement