Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dump valve

• 19-06-2006 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

I have a brand new Apeks low profile dump valve. When I am doing shallow diving (4 m) and go up and down a lot with no air in my suit, I end up with my sleeve soaking whet.

Is this normal? I am using a Gates 450.

I know that my BC often ends up with water inside. Is it the same for suits, when you have no air in them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

Well it could be any number of reasons.

1. The Dump Valve is not sitting properly in place and thus leaking. (did you fit the valve yourself??)

2. Faulty Valve.

3. Your wrists could be the problem, if you make a fist with your hand in front of you do your bones protrude and make a kinda 'V' formation?? If so then you'll always get wet in through here, it alwasys happens me, im soaked all the time!!

I dont think it should have anything to do with air being in the suit or not but in saying that i suspose it could happen.

Hope this helps a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭donny

If you've no air in the suit then the pressure of the water is going to be much higher than the pressure inside the suit so it'll tend to leak a lot more. I'd try it again with some air in the suit and see how you get on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Miss Polaris

Another common one here is a wee bit of grit or salt in the valve - give it a clean.....

Advertisement