Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

buying phones from ebay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

STAY WELL AWAY.

It's a scam. If it's too good to be true, then don't go near it. Look at the seller's feedback - it's all from today (19th June). And the price of that phone, forget it. Look at the payment methods the seller accepts - none listed.

Plain and simple - it's a scam.

I bought a phone from the UK via e-bay last year without problem. The cost was reasonable (140 Euro, or so), the seller had loads of feedback from loads of different people over a period of a year. Sale went ahead without problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Just as i thought,thanks for your tips on what to look out for,how much should i bid around for the phone in question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

Yeah stay well away from anybody not using paypal, about 99% of those people are scamming!!

But as for buyin phones off ebay, like any purchase make sure you are going to be dealing with a trusted seller e.g. fairly decent amount of feedback (i try to stay with 50+), but sayin that i bought a nokia 6600 of a person with only 8 or 9 feedback a few weeks ago and the phone is workin perfectly. And i also got a fairly good deal aswell, got it for about €55 delivered.

Make sure you read the item description closely, i nearly got caught once or twice with items that seemed perfect, but then in the small print it said the item was broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

Best thing is to look at the feedback and if they accept paypal then you have more chance of being covered if anything goes wrong. I bought a v3x off someone in hong kong a while back and its perfect. However i just bought a phone a few days ago off a guy in the uk with very good feedback, through paypal and now hes no longer registered on ebay and wont answer my mails :( You win some you lose some, i fecking hope paypal sort the money out for me tho ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

at look at what else he sold

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=118037&item=8436175526

would you pay 1rmb for that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

And he's no longer a registered user!
    Really, cop-on will tell you if its a scam or not
    Like all the posts above, check feedback etc and the old saying "IF IT LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, FORGET IT"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

wolfman wrote:
    And he's no longer a registered user!
    Really, cop-on will tell you if its a scam or not
    Like all the posts above, check feedback etc and the old saying "IF IT LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, FORGET IT"

Agreed with wolfman, 100%!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Thanks guys for all your feedback,as i said i've never got anything from ebay before..I'm just a student!I'm looking for a i-mate kjam,mini etc,how much should i stop bidding,basically how much do i save from buying from a store?Thanks in advance

Advertisement