Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good sound card for Music/Dvd's/Gaming

• 19-06-2006 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a decent sound card thats good for Music/Dvd's/Gaming.
    The obvious choice would be to get a creative xfi but i dont think it will work with my setup.

I have a Marantz sr 5400 and a set of head phones (that take 5.1 and have a mic) that i want to use together. I'm not sure if its posible to use the Digital I/O with my reciever cause im unsure about the amp taking what ever digital I/O is :confused: N00b prob, i know but i havent a clue.
    The xfi have digital I/O and line-in/mic on the same connector anyway so i dont think that will work anyway, am i wrong?
    Only other option i see on kompletts site is a teratec sound card, seems to be old from dates of reviews i found.

Please help me find a good solution of a sound card.
    Thanks,
    Brendan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

You would probably be better posting in Computer / Tech Forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭branners69

For what its worth I have just bought this from here

Its €60 delivered, rather then the €125 from Komplett!! It has loads of connections. Will hopefully receive it later this week!!

Dont particularly understand what your requirements are, but I plan on hooking it up to my laptop so I can watch stuff in proper surround sound!!

But as Quazzy says maybe post in the Computer forum here

Advertisement