Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT.com

Options
  • 20-06-2006 2:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Site: http://www.dublintransport.com

Just looking for general opinions on my site design. I have been looking to update my website, although I have not a great knowledge of html. Anybody know of any improvements I could/should make?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

[1]. Drop the Comic Sans font, it's disturbing.

[2]. Don't make the 'Contact us' menu link a mailto: ... it's unexpected and annoying... create an actual page for it with contact numbers/names/addresses/etc... whatever... do something.

[3]. Don't have your sites navigation system dissapear when you enter the forum... or if you've no control over that, consider spawning it in a new window or inside of a (shudder) frame.

[4]. Upon arriving at your site, I have no idea what it's supposed to be about... only that it's somehow vaguely about transport in Dublin... consider an intro paragraph describing what your site actually is.

[5]. Your 'links' page looks uninteresting and resembles one of those cyber-squatting key-word spammers sites... try giving a brief description of each site you've linked to... maybe also deviding them into categories.

Those are just the basic things that jump out at me while using the site... as for the actual design, I don't know... I'm sure someone reading this thread is thinking "what design?"... it's very bare, and between the use of comic sans and that blindingly pure yellow, I don't think there's much to be rescued from it design-wise.
    I'd try some bigger fonts for the body text, more subdued colours in the navigation area, make the text/content area a little bit more interesting, liven it up with some photos or other graphics... maybe think about adding borders.
    tbh I think just about anything you do to the site at this stage would be an improvement... just takes time and effort, redesign, scrap, then redesign again, never accept the first offer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Cannot access blah blah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

Sorry about that, it was hosting trouble, it is sorted now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Xylophonic wrote:
    Sorry about that, it was hosting trouble, it is sorted now
    nope - cant access

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭AngryAnderson

Cannot access.

• Advertisement
Advertisement