Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scratches and chips

Options
  • 20-06-2006 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭

got my first few chips and scratches on my new bike yesterday. Was really annoyed when I saw em, as the first ones are always the hardest to take. Not too bothered about it now though.
    Anyway, can anyone recommend a good type of paint for repairing damage to the paintwork of a bike? Bike is of the specialized road bike variety if that makes any odds.

ta

P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

King Raam wrote:
    Anyway, can anyone recommend a good type of paint for repairing damage to the paintwork of a bike? Bike is of the specialized road bike variety if that makes any odds.

I've got a Specialized too, but it's in silver so the chips don't show - I just polish mine up with WD40 spray. If you've a dark colour and the light undercoat shows up, then you could either try one of the coloured polishes they sell for cars in Halfords, or one of the little touch up sticks (they're a bit like a nail varnish thingy). there's so many colours you're bound to find a match - Halfords is the place either way...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Maybe you could use Lizard Skin protectors to prevent further damage to the scratched/chipped areas.

Advertisement