Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telephone, Broadband Provider

Options
  • 20-06-2006 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

Im moving into a new rented house which has a phone line and ntl box in place but nothing is activated. Can anyone recommend a telephone/internet provider who gives a good combination deal? Does it matter that the phone line isnt activated?
    On the other hand has anyone had a bad expierence and warn me off a provider??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Dreamer 7 wrote:
    Im moving into a new rented house which has a phone line and ntl box in place but nothing is activated. Can anyone recommend a telephone/internet provider who gives a good combination deal? Does it matter that the phone line isnt activated?
    On the other hand has anyone had a bad expierence and warn me off a provider??

Thanks

Really depends on where you live. If you are in an area where NTL has broadband availible then NTL is possible one of the better providers. You can then get a VOIP 01 number from skytel and you will be ready to rock.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am with BT,it works out at around 118 every two month's thats including phone calls,line rental and Broadband.It was the best deal for me.

[edit]sorry only seen now that you are looking for a combination deal[edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

best thing to do is see if you can get NTL broadband. If you can then use www.blueface.ie for calls\phone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

If you've got the NTL box give NTL a buzz , we're with them and you don't need a phone line (which is great cos we always use our mobiles anyway)

they do an introductory deal of:

broadband , basic digital (about 40+ channels or something) , basic rental charge for €40 a month for the first year , after that it goes up to €60 (as they add the basic rental charge)

still all in all a good deal , i'm happy cos it's 2 bills in one and it's nice , fast and hassle free (though it took me nearly two weeks out to get em to connect me, grrrrr miju doesn't like it when he can't get online )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I work for a call centre that does NTL bb at the moment. There are three different levels of BB, €25 for a 2mb down, 100kb up, €30 for a 3mb down, 200kb up and, €40 for 6mb down 500 up. If you aren't with NTL at the moment the deal is that you only pay for the BB for the year and you get the basic tv package free. If you are with NTL already, you get the first three months free and have to pay for the last six months.

However, this is all dependant on you being able to get BB on your NTL connection. As for problems with NTL, I've heard that the TV tech support isn't great, but I've heard nothing about the BB support.

PM if you want any more details.

Edit: I know this looks dodgy as it's my first post and it is effectively promoting a product. But I couldn't give a crap about NTL, I just think that some of the bb deals aren't too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Dub13 wrote:
    I am with BT,it works out at around 118 every two month's thats including phone calls,line rental and Broadband.It was the best deal for me.

[edit]sorry only seen now that you are looking for a combination deal[edit]
    I think that was the combination Dub:D

same position. I have everything with BT and certainly I found it to be the best available package (in Donegal anyway)

Word of warning - their customer service does not exist

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

For some strange reason when I re read it I taught he wanted his TV package as part of the combination.Far to many late nights on my part.

As for BTs customer service I am well aware of it been maybe the worst in the country as I have had a few run inns with them overcharging etc etc but at the end of the day they have the best available package for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

No question about it if you can get NTL BB the go for it. If you want phone service then go for VOIP with blueface or freespeech.ie using the BB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Dreamer 7

Thx everyone, I actually have no cable set up either and that deal from NTL seems v interesting. I will save me setting up a phoneline straight away. Whats the story on using ur internet for phonecalls???

Advertisement