Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excess hair on toddler

Options
  • 20-06-2006 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi,
    Our little girl has really hairy legs and back along her spine, she is 2.5 years old but hope it will fade in time. Worried that she will be made fun of it school, etc!

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Dreamer 7

My baby girl was born with dark hair all over , no its mainly on her back thank god, the rest of it went blonde in the sun. Do you little girls hair change colour in the sun? Is it normal soft hair or is it coarse?? I think there is some link to thyroid probs and its also a side effect of steroids.. have you spoken to your GP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

Our 6yr old girl has blond hair but it is growing in a line down her back. Do not worry about it. I had the same when I was a child (asked my mother) and now it is gone. I would not even think about shaving it. When I was about 12 I went a little trigger happy with a ravor and shaved my arms. I now have to wax because they are so hairy. The things we do:).

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dragon_lordMTB

My Sister suffers from thyroid problems, could this be genetic?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

just looking to reopen this thread as its something that has been bothering me for a while too. I am quite a hairy person - chest back etc. Its my daughter i am worried about. She also has noticeable hair growth down her back, mainly along her spine. Its been there since childbirth and is still noticeable several years on. Is it something she will gow out of or should i possible consider trying to get it removed. She is currently 10yrs old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is well with in the range of what is normal, but if you have concerns talk to your family dr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Thaedydal wrote: »
    It is well with in the range of what is normal, but if you have concerns talk to your family dr.

thanks for the response. Is it generally something that children grow out of as they get older when hormones etc start to kick in?

Advertisement