Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling bags

Options
  • 20-06-2006 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if it's possible to receive or obtain the city council recycling bags, if you are not using the rubbish collection service from the council.

Our landlord recently changed to a private contractor, due to the increases in the council's fees, and this new contractor offers no recycling service. I'm in the habit now of recycling, and have about 4-5 full bags waiting to go.

It is possible to get the clear bags from the council on their own?(I'm willing to pay). Or will it be trips in my car to the Kinsale Road for me? (I'd have to sort everything first though :()

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

you can buy those clear bag in some supermarkets.. I know I got them before.. cant remember exactly where.. I think maybe tescos :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

not tescos, they have nothing to do w/ anything to do w/ the council's refuse/recycling collections.

so far as i know, the crowd we use for our rubbish/recycling do recycling on their own. collin's waste management or summat. dunno where they operate, but they're defo aroudn the southside suburbs

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

After trying to ring and ring Waste Operations at the City Council yesterday, i finally emailed, and this is the response I got
    The recycling bags provided by Cork City Council are part of the Refuse
    Collection Service.

Therefore, if your new Waste Collection Service does not provide a recycling
    service you would have to arrange to take your recyclables to a recycling
    bank. There are recycling banks at the Kinsale Road Landfill Site.

Pity, I would love to be able to get just the recycling service on its own, if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Shame on the private contractor who does not provide a recycling facility!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

you can choose to not take the recycling option with some of them. works out cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Well then shame on the landlord!

Indeed!! My rubbish output has gone down by over 50% since we started the clear bag recycling and I now refuse to go back to throwing everything out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

I think you can get those bags from the city hall

but not teh service, if they don't take your refuse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

well you can't expect the council to collect recyclable waste when you aren't paying for it!

• Advertisement

Pity that you can't buy the bags separately, I'm more than willing to pay for it. It was so convenient

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

attached is a map of South Mall the black dot is the location of a building where I recall someone telling me that you can get the recycle bags on the second floor.. you need to bring a proof of address or something i think.. hope this is of some use

Waste Operations is based in the South Mall. They're the people I rang and emailed for information.

Advertisement