Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pleasant VW Dealer experience

Options
  • 20-06-2006 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭

Further to a thread I posted a couple of weeks back.... Picked up the golf today after dropping it into the dealer to get a few bits done. I found them really helpful and pleasant to deal with, and surprisingly reasonable pricewise. Its refreshing to see this in an industry plagued with horror stories and bad press. NO I don't work for them!! he he

Replaced Anti-roll bar bushings on both sides,
    Replaced faulty temperature sensor switch, bled cooling system and replaced coolant.
    cleaned air intake and fuel system.
    carried out a decent inspection of brake pads and the like.
    Provided me wth a 06 golf as a replacement car.
    Charged me €250 all in including labour.

I thought this was quite reasonable by dealer standards, and they were very friendly and very quick. Well done Sheehy's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Wow - that's good to hear. I've used Sheehys before, not often, and found them OK too, tbh. I had an engine replaced in their Naas dealership and everything went so smooth. One of the few. I know one of the directors quite well, he used to be the Service Manager for VW/Audi in MDL a few years ago and I have to say his attitude is quite good in comparison to others in the VW network.

Another VW dealer I find quite good is Newcastle West Autos in Limerick. The service here is absolutely fantastic. They have only recently been appointed VW dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

I had a pleasant enough experience with Bradys last week as well.

I booked my wife's Golf in for a service. I rang around ant they were lowest at €300. Belgard motors were €400.

Dropped the car at 9:00am and collected it that evening. Bill was €212. Pleasant surprise!!

Good Points:
    1. They asked me beforehand did I want wipers changed, tyres changed or brake pads changed if required. I said yes to pads but no to wipers and tyres.
    2. They asked me what time I wasnted to collect it at.

Bad Points
    1. They did not wash car beofre returning to me.
    2. Even though I dropped the car at 9:00am I had to wait 30 mins when I came to collect it at 5:00pm.

Overall, I was happy enough with the service. I will return again.

Mike.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

OP name that dealer. Sounds like great service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Indeedy, I would also like a sticky thread on good dealerships that have gotten a thumbs up. Or perhaps a list of dealerships that are on the sh1tlist.

Either would be handy wouldn't it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

Chief--- wrote:
    OP name that dealer. Sounds like great service.

Sheehy Motors in Naas. Don't have experience with their sales dept. but service gets thumbs up for certain.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement