Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Another 24 Hour Film Festival..

• 20-06-2006 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

I see there is going to be another Fast Forward film festival coming up soon as part of the Dark Light film festival.

More info on their website here:

http://www.fastforwardireland.com/

The idea esentially is that you are given a topic or a word and you have just 24 hours to make a film based on it.

I took part in the last one and you read my impressions here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054929249

If anyone is interested in getting a boards.ie team together this time around let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

bollox, i'd be home a few days after that....on the 26th i'm walking around production houses in london.

pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

Do you have to be kinda experienced at these things to do it?
    I can't do it this time anyway, but was wondering for the next time that it's on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Fridge wrote:
    Do you have to be kinda experienced at these things to do it?
    I can't do it this time anyway, but was wondering for the next time that it's on.
    No.. not at all. In fact it's probably a great way of seeing the entire movie making process in a very short space of time.

If you don't have much in the way of technical abilities, remember the more ideas in the pot for the concept the better and you could always try your hand at acting as well....

I showed up at the last one on my own as well, and formed a team with 6 others who had come on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

Cool. It's sounds like a great experience.
    I'd go this time only I've to shoot a little project, typical it would clash, but by next time at least I'll have a little bit more know-how.

Good luck to everyone who goes!

I didn't actually manage to take part this time around... my duties as a super-cool uncle had to take precidense.

But I went along to the screening this evening and in my capacity as a boards.ie Film Production moderator I took part as one of the judges in the festival. It was a very hard job though, but the standard of the entries was amazingly good.

• Advertisement

you are taking advantage of this role alot more then me.

(though i do make it sound alot bigger then it really is on my c.v :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    (though i do make it sound alot bigger then it really is on my c.v :D)

You put this on your CV? No wonder you've never had a job

if your only coming onto this part of the forum to take little snaps at me Ztoic i promise you'll find yourself banned. Even if you are family...

and i have a skills based CV so this fits in nicely under computing and internet.

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    and i have a skills based CV so this fits in nicely under computing and internet.
    And what if the topic of your anus should come up at an interview?

i wear a top hat to my interviews so by the law of funky hats, i get hired without even the utterance of a single question.

-speaking of CV's i was actually walking around London today applying to a number of places...I have learned that with the advancements of spell check i have become lazy, cause despite spell checking it numerous times i discovered mis-spellings on the bloody thing.

-also i really hate the british train system...

• Advertisement

I work a lot with Colaiste Dhulaigh and I have in the past sent letters to the principal refering to it as 'Cloister Dullish' thanks to Spellcheck.

Advertisement