Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Internet

• 20-06-2006 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hi,

I just received a broadband modem from UTV Internet - the trouble is that it came configured for PPPoA (for the UK). I checked their website for their settings and applied them to the modem as follows:

Driver: PPPoE
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    Set up type: LLC

DNS Servers (server assigned):
    Primary: 194.46.192.141
    Secondary: 194.46.192.142

In the UK, the standard is PPPoA, in RoI the standard is PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet).

Now I keep getting the messages "training" and "handshaking" when the modem attempts to boot up. It does not go any further than this.

It's a voyager 210 modem - if anyone else has this modem could they please send me screen shots of the configuration please.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

You may have got your modem before your line was fully setup. It's been known to happen. Might be no harm to give UTV tech support a ring. Are you entering your username and password correctly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭keizer

kaizersoze wrote:
    You may have got your modem before your line was fully setup. It's been known to happen. Might be no harm to give UTV tech support a ring. Are you entering your username and password correctly?

As far as I know......everything is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I am fairly sure that you should be letting it assign DNS automatically, is that what your network connection is configured to?

Check it in Control Panel > Network Connection> Right click on the connection and select properties > select TCP/IP properties > there is a box that says something like 'obtain DNS server automatically'....same goes fo rIP address.

My 2c

Advertisement