Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway, nite-life??

Options
  • 20-06-2006 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Myself any a few mates are going up to Galway at the weekend and stayin till wednesday.We're all 18/19 and just wonderin where to go out. Not to pushed about the music, as long as the place isnt full of scum. We're stayin in the niddle of the city?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

You staying at Sleepzone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

From your username and lovely sig I can only imagine that you are coming for the scenery and the seafood. Avoid the Westside Tavern, the Three Lanterns in Ballybrit and that pub beside Supermacs in Merlin Park and you should be safe from 'scum'. Does your mammy know you are heading to Galway to get monged?

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Eyre Sq.: Cuba (Gnd: Bar, 1st: "Dance", 2nd "Indie")
    Eglinton St. (just off Eyre Square, the street behind supermacs): GPO (main floor: depends on the night, Drum: depends on the night, usually better music if you like Drum 'n Bass)
    After that there's a swathe of pubs down Shop St., The Dew Drop Inn is a nice enough spot.

Across the river you'll find Dominic St.: Massimo's, Bierhaus, The Róisín Dubh (back-room rennovations finished?), The Blue Note, The Crane (probably swamped with tourists)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

IF your looking for a place to score, then downstairs in Cuba. Upstairs isnt bad either, mind you.

Stay away from GPO

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

CPs is where alot of people and although good will be shoot to pieces by most people on this forum for various reasons.
    Next to it is Halo a posher version - no shirt no entrence kind of place.Again will be shoot to pieces.
    Karma although acting posh are not too bad!
    Radisson Hotel has a very large club space think its called @ now.Haven't been there in ages.
    Bo-Radleys or as many say doo-badly its one to avoid along with K2.

Now let the ripping of clubs begin!

Timeout

• Advertisement

Halo's actually a pretty decent club, décor-wise at least.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Just go mental! Drink until you need a curry chip from Supermacs! Thats when you have had all the fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Bunch of lads 18/19 down for the weekend the choice is endless as regards pubs.Definitely recommed you head down the bottom of shop street,theres pubs here to suit all types .For clubs i presume ye are all on the pull and the piss,then i reckon CPs is you best bet.If thats not your thing then probably GPO would be an alternative.

Stay away from the Radisson and Supermacs in the Square and you should be well clear of scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Just go mental! Drink until you need a curry chip from Supermacs! Thats when you have had all the fun!
    You are mistaken! its a Curry-Cheese Chip you'll be wanting.

Iindeed.

Cheese++ with kebab meat and chili.

Thx John O'Kebabhaus & GalwayLAN

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Your a funny ****er interceptor just said i'd mention the whole "scum" thing. We're stayin on quay street so its pretty hand for across the river. Someone said downstairs in Cuba, why do i have the feelin that that's the gay bit?

*Tripper* wrote:
    Your a funny ****er interceptor just said i'd mention the whole "scum" thing. We're stayin on quay street so its pretty hand for across the river. Someone said downstairs in Cuba, why do i have the feelin that that's the gay bit?

Your staying on Quay Street:eek:.Mate just fall out the door and your in a sea of pubs.Cuba is up the other end of town in the Square.Stranos is the gayspot further down town near Domnick Street if thats your thing.

Ha, not it ain't my thing. Just thought someone might do that for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

*Tripper* wrote:
    Ha, not it ain't my thing. Just thought someone might do that for a laugh.

Downstairs in Cuba is the chart-music part of the club
    Upstairs is the live band section.

Nothin gay about it - Unless ya wanna make it gay

Nope, just making sure, tis decent then? What nites do they have bands?

http://www.cuba.ie/

Downstairs was good for a while,saw Timo Mass play there.

Anybody know what Bolwing Green is like?

Its grand.Quiet little area down by the canal in the city centre.Bowling Green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Viejo Zorro

GIGANTIC @ De Burgo's - Galway's best kept secret! 7 adm, based in the mystical De Burgo's which is about as hard to find as a crock of gold under a rainbow. Find the city libriary and wander to the left of it and you'll be sure to find it.

GIGANTIC @ De Burgo's - Galway's best kept secret! 7 adm, based in the mystical De Burgo's which is about as hard to find as a crock of gold under a rainbow. Find the city libriary and wander to the left of it and you'll be sure to find it.

The old Gardai pub :D

• Advertisement

"D'Bunker"

Good pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Viejo Zorro

And pray, let us not forget the Roisín!

In there last night. The maddness! Had a great one, finished up sitting on Cladagh beech at 7 am contemplating the beauty of life. Life isn't half bad...

Advertisement