Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leave the putter in the bag Caddie...

• 20-06-2006 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

Anyone here ever had an Ace lads??

When and where - relive the monent on boards.ie !!! :)

Buddy of mine stiched a 3Iron to about 8inches at the 17th in Elm Green last week (playing into a gale)... Closest I've came was 3Iron that shaved the hole (and then kept on feckin runnin!) at Castleknock Golf Course along with a 9Iron on the 9th in Tullamore that pulled up about 2 feet short and was trackin!

Other close calls (not too many mind!) but they're two that stick out cos they looked in right til the last second...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

I did one winter about 5 years ago to a temporary green but i dont think that counts really as the green was like a huge bowl :rolleyes:

I holed two 8 irons for 2's on the front 9 against a poor guy in club matchplay once. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him after the second one :p
    I'v been on the receiving end of one so I can only imagine what two must be like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Not yet. My closest was the 9th in Rathcore a few weeks ago, about two feet to the side of the hole. Holed for my second birdie of the day and ever! A round to remember for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

Oh I love Rathcore! I'd add the third hole there to my Dream Course listed below and maybe the 18th as well... Also, the first par3 on Mount Juliet now that I think of (over water)...

I pitched in for an Eagle on the 17th at Citywest Lakes a few weeks ago - I'd just birdied the 16th as well so that was nice! Then I dumped two balls in the water at the beautiful par3 18th :mad: Once again - stupid bloody game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

yep...

when i was about 12.... greeb sloped downwards left to right. pin was at the bottom of the slope, so i aimed for the left and watched as the ball pitched on the top of the slope and made a lovely 20 foot downward curve right into the cup

(scored about 125 overall tho:rolleyes: :D:o )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

I've come close once, can't remember the course, playing with my brother from an elevated tee box and left the ball 3 foot from the hole, the ball just dropped stone dead onto the green. Then missed the birdie shot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭DIEGO WORST

and how much did that ace cost you in the bar afterwards?????

playing for 3 years now, never had an ace nor an eagle, not even close once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I got an ace after sending the first shot into the water on my third shot. Does that still count :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

'Fraid not - Fred Couples did that at Sawgrass too - you can always call it the most amazing par of your life??!! :p

Harsh though - I did nail one to about 3 feet at Citywest Lakes in that same round after taking three off the tee and made it for what I now call my all-time best bogey! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i actually lipped out on a 220 yard par 3, flukey i admit, i was just happy to be on the green, but the ball was losing steam towards the uphill cup but not losing steam quickly enoughand lipped out to the right, looked great on the tee, everyone saying hard luck, and i was delighted just to be on the green. closest i ever got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭johnny_rambo

I've had 2......one in the munster youths championship (Kinsale, 2nd hole) and one in a singles competition (Limerick, 5th hole).

I thought I had another one on the 5th in Limerick. The ball landed in the hole on the fly and decided to come out and hang on the lip. :mad: Was kinda weird seeing the pitch mark inside the hole!

• Advertisement
Advertisement