Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts.ie - Original poster cannot reply within 24 hours

Options
  • 20-06-2006 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

I've placed an add on Adverts.ie, and someone has posted a comment which I want to reply to...
    But when I try add the comment the system tells me that the original poster cannot reply within 24 hours of the original post!!!

Not very interactive.

Is there any was to turn this off, or is it just a system wide restriction?

If system wide, I suggest that in the interests of making adverts more interactive, the restriction is dropped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭dancin

ah ha, found the answer int eh announcement about FS folums closing at the top of the page...

The 24 hour block is to prevent people prematurely bumping their posts.

Well and good, but that still means that if there is immediate interest (which happens a lot for certain types of items) the OP cannot reply for 24 hours...

Not many people were frequent bumpers on the old FS forums, so is this really a problem that needs addressing in this manner?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I've addressed this by allowing OPs to reply IF someone else has replied.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭dancin

Cloud wrote:
    I've addressed this by allowing OPs to reply IF someone else has replied.
    Thanks, appreciate that.

Advertisement