Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewall Issues...I think

Options
  • 20-06-2006 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi All,

Having a few problems with my site. Here we recently changed our service providers and were given a new firewall IP. My new firewall is pointing to the server where the site which is sitting on one of our servers as before. Now for some reason people outside our firewall cant hit our site even though when we inside type in the address on the site we can see it...

Any ideas guys, Im in dire need of a solution or even a suggestion as Ive tried everything...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

How recent is recent?

Sounds like a DNS problem, based on what I see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

is port 80 open so they can actually see in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭The Mighty Dubs

Cheers Guys for the prompt replies,

We changed over last Wednesday. I will check the DNS.

How do I open port 80?

Its a hardware firewall ??

What type ? (not that I've much experience with firewalls) you'll want to forward traffic to port 80 on the webserver within your network ..

Im using "checkpoint" firewall.

• Advertisement

You'll probably get a better response in the Computers / technology section ...

My experience is limited to doing what I need to do to get things running ...

You basically want any traffic that goes to your ip on port 80 to forward to your webserver machine ... sorry I can't be of more help

yeh your probably right....but thanks for the help anyway

got it sorted...
    VPN Gateway was setup wrong...cheers

Advertisement