Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCMNR to mess around with GBS

Options
  • 20-06-2006 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

http://www.enn.ie/frontpage/news-9710986.html

Someone told IrelandOffline a while back that any money left from the GBS would be handed to eircom in the form of a tender to enable exchanges in rural areas. Sounds like this is going to happen.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

damien.m wrote:
    Someone told IrelandOffline a while back that any money left from the GBS would be handed to eircom in the form of a tender to enable exchanges in rural areas. Sounds like this is going to happen.

In the meantime Noel HAS messed up GBS just like Eircom asked him to .

1. No funds have been disbursed from the GBS 2 fund as requested by eircom. This will keep alternative operators out of GBS for the good of their cashflows but €4.4m announced is not spent is it Noel ???

2. The total spend (cheques cashed) so far is only €2.2 m not €6.6m and all were round 1 funding cheques . Dempsey is hoping to claw back half the 2nd round funding as well in the form of stunts like refusing to pay for the schemes where Ildana was supposed to be funded but went bust .

3. Dempsey has sought a legal opinion as to whether he can fund eircom without a tender of any sort but I do not know the proposed price per exchange or whether there is a wireless component to 'protect' the unused 3.5Ghz spectrum. Eircom hope DCMNR will keep Comreg off their backs about 3.5Ghz spectrum while arses are dragged for the rest of this year.

4. Eircom refuse to give any form of SLA on line failures or on 'universality' , Noel does not care and will fund exchanges where 100% of lines will fail .

5. Noel and Pierre have discussed the outline nuts and bolts and will finalise the deal between them ....thats how Noel wants to deal with it , no riff raff for him except in his constituency office :p

6. Nothing will be announced until the period October - December earliest and maybe even early next year to co-incide with the general erection .

All in all a bloody disaster so thanks for nothing as usual Dempsey :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Sponge Bob wrote:
    In the meantime Noel HAS messed up GBS just like Eircom asked him to .

6. Nothing will be announced until the period October - December earliest and maybe even early next year to co-incide with the general erection .

All in all a bloody disaster so thanks for nothing as usual Dempsey :(
    That's very depressing Sponge Bob. Would the prospects be any brighter if there was a change in government?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

That's very depressing Sponge Bob. Would the prospects be any brighter if there was a change in government?

A change in government would benefit every single man, woman and child in this Country. I would love nothing more than to see these f*ckers kicked out. Broadband is a small issue but one I personally hold very dear. Look at the wider picture for gods sake. If i was point out the FF/Pds failing I am sure that the amount of data i would upload would crash every boards server as well as need 1TB per second direct fibre to download. Everything that is wrong here is the governments fault. Broadband went wrong the day Eircom was privatised, and it should be immediately re-nationalised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 a line failure

netwhizkid wrote:
    A change in government would benefit every single man, woman and child in this Country. I would love nothing more than to see these f*ckers kicked out. Broadband is a small issue but one I personally hold very dear. Look at the wider picture for gods sake. If i was point out the FF/Pds failing I am sure that the amount of data i would upload would crash every boards server as well as need 1TB per second direct fibre to download. Everything that is wrong here is the governments fault. Broadband went wrong the day Eircom was privatised, and it should be immediately re-nationalised.
    Couldn't agree more:D!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

heading furthter off topic into the marsh and bogs of politics:

I'm not convinced that any other other parties are any better. Ireland since 1922 has a record of Goverment serving the vested interests more than the people.

Re-nationising Eircom won't happen. Unless Stalin comes to power. But eventually the leading pigs become just like the ousted men from the farm. So in the end we don't need to fear the Stalin Freedom party taking power as in a few years they will be like the rest.

Look at UK. The "New Labour" is so conservative the Conservatives can't get elected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

netwhizkid wrote:

Man, I think its about time a dedicated forum on politics should be opened on boards.

Oh wait..

Advertisement