Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Architect in Westmeath

Options
  • 20-06-2006 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on building on my parent's farm in Westmeath (mullingar is the nearest town) , and would like to use a local architect who's used to dealing with the Westmeath County Council planners.

Anybody got any recommendations ?

Also - how much approx. should it set me back to have plans for Planning permission and the actual build drawn up ?

Thansks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Bumpity....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

I could name you a few, but to be honest, none that I'd recommend. If you don't have any joy in the next few days, get back to me and I'll ask my solicitor, as he knows them all intimately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I'm currently in London for work and won't be back till the week after next (Start of July), so currently I'm just looking for names really to get quotes.

How much do you reckon to draw up plans for planning permission application and building ? (Are they the same plans even ?)

Thanks !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭freewing

I have just finished having an extension built on my house in mullingar and ihad to have a full set of house plans done initially they should have cost me between €2000 and €2500 for a 1400 sq ft semi , however the architect is a family friend so I got a deal. As far as I know the planning dept need a complete set of drawings ( 6 copies full size) and you should get some smaller copies for your trades, cant refer an architect though but get at least 3 quotes .there should be plenty in the local directory
    Hope this helps, best of luck.
    Eric

Advertisement