Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test Cancellation List Howto?

Options
  • 20-06-2006 5:16pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

thanks to the lovely NCT crowd, who've decided to not issue me with an NCT appointment until august 4th when my NCT is expired next week (25th) i now can't sit my driving test on the 30th.

my 2nd provisional's up in mid-september.

how (and more importantly when) should i go about trying to get on the cancellation list?

if i stay in my current place (on the back of the test queue), will i be able to renew my provisional at all?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

I know this isn't what you were looking for, but could you get insured on someone elses car and do the test? Or maybe do it in a driving school car?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Just thinking out loud here - do you reckon the tester checks that the reg on an NCT disc matches the reg of the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

My car was four years old when I did my test and the tester never mentioned the fact that there was no NCT badge up, then again the old w****r probably knew he was going to fail me anyhow already so it didn't matter.

As to nct's when I looked online to rearrange mine yesterday I could choose dates only a few days away if I liked (choose Saturday instead of of a couple of weeks away), maybe the test center you are assigned makes the difference, mine is in Deansgrange which is a pretty big operation from memory of getting the old corsa done there last time, so maybe they get more cancellations and thus its possible to get lucky.

You can always renew your provisional as long as you have written proof of waiting on a test, had to get a third biker provisional because it didn't make any difference on a bike wheter or not I was on a provisional or not insurance wise so wasn't in any hurry.)

If you get a letter from your employer it might only be a week or two's notice, I had a week, so all your paperwork might be fine.

Wouldnt sweat the nct at all,don't think they check for it - the testing is a bit of a lottery here, that said have never ever heard of anything being commented on bar tax and insurance disks.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

if you have the letter stating the date of your retest for the NCT that should do the tester, it will do the garda when you're driving so it should do the tester aswell

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i rang the driving test locall number earlier and they said that if it was out it was out and a letter wouldn't do - i specifically asked them about this! :(

to get on the cancellation list do you just ring up and tell them you want to be on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Red Alert wrote:
    i rang the driving test locall number earlier and they said that if it was out it was out and a letter wouldn't do - i specifically asked them about this! :(

to get on the cancellation list do you just ring up and tell them you want to be on it?

Read between the lines of my earlier post!

Failing that, are you sure there are no earlier dates in any of the other Dublin testing centres? I got a date within 2 weeks or so of when I applied online last month. As Longfield said, the Deansgrange centre is pretty efficient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭godfather69er

to answer your question to get cancellations,you need a letter from employer sayin you need the car for work

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

As said above - Get your NCT re-scheduled not the driving test!!
    I was selling my car a few weeks ago and it was not due the NCT for 2 months - the buyer wanted an NCT on it so I went on line and got a test the next day:eek:
    Just be prepared to travel a little bit for it

my €.02

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭andrew_ireland

When I brought my car for an NCT I forgot to bring my wallet, so I came back to the centre about an hour later and they fit me in. The guy there told me that they're not all that strict on timing so maybe just try dropping up to them without an appointment and they may accomodate you. That was in Deansgrange btw. Nothing like the pr1cks in the driver testing centres at all- was 5mins late for the time due to an accident blocking the road and then roadworks and they wouldn't do the test:mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Henrik_is_God

whats the number you ring to get on the cancellation list ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement