Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what did you think of Chemistry?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

a stupid paper.......3 questions of water come out........wth.....i was going to take down 3 questions in sectionA...left me nearly no choices in sectionB...

is the only paper so far tat i might lose more than 40points.........:rolleyes:

any1 notice tat the part (a) of question 4 is alittle tricky?careless ppl may lose marks for tat....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭goodgod3rd

well, carless is one way to put it, but its not very nice...! im only sayin it cause i fell for it! :p:o :eek: :(

im bloody glad that i did the chlorine question, ten mins i siad.. better do a spare.... and now it turns out i messed up the first one totally. :mad:

tell moi... if say , someone.. lets just say it was me, for arguments sake...:rolleyes: said 1 gram = 10 mg (still on cm's from maths) what will they say for the math question? i have the method right, the numbers right, just that one little slip? meby not a slip, but will i get some marks??? :D (talking nout the ppm of chlorine q.) baring in mind, i didn't fall for it being 1200ml?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭irishguy00

goodgod3rd wrote:
    well, carless is one way to put it, but its not very nice...! im only sayin it cause i fell for it! :p:o :eek: :(

im bloody glad that i did the chlorine question, ten mins i siad.. better do a spare.... and now it turns out i messed up the first one totally. :mad:

tell moi... if say , someone.. lets just say it was me, for arguments sake...:rolleyes: said 1 gram = 10 mg (still on cm's from maths) what will they say for the math question? i have the method right, the numbers right, just that one little slip? meby not a slip, but will i get some marks??? :D (talking nout the ppm of chlorine q.) baring in mind, i didn't fall for it being 1200ml?

Yeah, i always think there are 10mg in a gram aswell!!! Not in the exam though, so no, i'm not in the same boat as you.

You'll defo get the majority of marks since you showed you understood the Q's, but just not all marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭goodgod3rd

re assurance...! yay!

did any of ye go over and over old markin scheems???? they helped so much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

goodgod3rd wrote:
    re assurance...! yay!

did any of ye go over and over old markin scheems???? they helped so much

That they do. On this topic, would they accept red as the colour that DPD turns into in free chlorine, or only pink?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I thought it was nice enough yeah. I did Ordinary level. I think I got on ok. But just as I was starting the water question my phone started ringing in my bag which was at the other end of the hall.. I was sitting there thinking "Oh... dear...god." as the CSI theme rang around the hall. (That tune always reminds me of chemistry now!!) I couldn't get up and turn if off, I wasn't allowed to obviously but even if I did it would have stopped by the time I'd asked if I could get up so I just left it. So embarrassing!!!

Advertisement