Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Maxima ECU (ECM)

Options
  • 20-06-2006 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭

Lads,

A 01 Maxima 2lt Auto, QX V6. The Engine Control Unit (management box) seems to have a blown chip. Anyone got any ideas where I can get a new unit or if it would be easier/cheaper to get the new chip thats needed.

Cheers
    G

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I read a user review from someone before on either parkers.co.uk or carsurvey.org, they said it cost over a grand, I am not sure not if that was pounds or euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Well to get it off Nissan it costs 2k so obviously I'm looking for other avenues to make this cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

iregk wrote:
    Lads,

A 01 Maxima 2lt Auto, QX V6. The Engine Control Unit (management box) seems to have a blown chip. Anyone got any ideas where I can get a new unit or if it would be easier/cheaper to get the new chip thats needed.

Cheers
    G

eBay?

I have tried already. I was hoping maybe a mechanic or someone reads these boards that may know.

Have you explored the possibility of having the ECU repaired?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Or getting one from a scrap yard??

scrap yard dont seem to have any and I'm also looking for somewhere that repairs it if anyone has the name of someone who does it.

I googled it and a good few came up - seem to be in the UK though. Here's one:

http://www.carelect.demon.co.uk/addr.html

Cheers anan, sent those an email last night!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ring Martin Treacy in Westward Enginerring in Enfield, he will tell you where to get it done!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement