Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City walking Tours?

Options
  • 20-06-2006 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi, I have relatives coming over from the States and they want me to organise a walking tour of the city. Does anyone know of anyone who does this? I guess my best bet would be to call into the tourist office.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Im prett sure they do.I have seen alot of my old teachers bringing groups of tourists around the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

ive seen various walking groups around 2, where they walk to though i dont really know :rolleyes: , id say if u give the tourist office a ring they could sort u out....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭sgthighway

There was a guy who use to work in the GMIT. He wrote a few books on Galway. I have seen him conduct a few tours around Galway.
    There is also Willie Henry; another great Historian. I am from Galway and would listen to him for hours.......in somewhere like the Kings Head.

EDIT -> Just did a Google. The guys name is Peadar O'Dowd
    http://galwayadvertiser.ie/ent/120398/page6.htm

Advertisement