Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving With No Tax - What to do?

Options
  • 20-06-2006 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Okay guys i bought a car soemtime back and havnt gotten ti taxed due to not recieving the log book yet. The garage says they've dispatched it buy i've yet to recieve it yet. Is there ANY way i can tax/back tax my car without it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If the garage have done an RF105 and temporarily transferred the Punto onto the garage name, they can tax the car for you.

Ring 061 365000 in the morning (Dept of Environment, Shannon) and ask if the transfer of ownership has been received, they scan all incoming VLC's on arrival, so they'll know if it's been received or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Darando

same story on the g/f car. Took 6 weeks for new owner cert to show up. (the car had no tax when she bought it). Just carry the receipt in the glovebox for the car. If the gardai stop you explain the situation along with receipt.

If you were really avioding the tax then you wouldnt have receipt etc.. and when they check car it will still be in other person name.

So... dont worry put the receipt in the glovebox.

receipt won't be enough if you meet the wrong guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

If you still haven't the reg docs, contact Shannon as suggested. Better to have that registered with them before you get stopped.

When you get the book, go to tax office, tax the car starting from the start of the month in which you're taxing it, pay the back tax of 10% of annual tax rate per month, and be done with it.

BTW OP, is this the famous 5/6 speed Fiat?

you're only liable for road tax from the time after the change of ownership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Darando

colm_mcm wrote:
    receipt won't be enough if you meet the wrong guard.

I know what you mean but having it at least helps!!! we cant get shannon to move faster so 2 options!!!

a) leave the motor parked on the driveway or

b) receipt/story etc.............

b) always wins out!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

Dilbert75 wrote:
    BTW OP, is this the famous 5/6 speed Fiat?

Oh but of course! lol DOnt think god wants me to drive lol

Advertisement