Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear in Cork

Options
  • 20-06-2006 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭

Anyone know who's doing the recruitment for the new Netgear office that was announced last week?

Much obliged....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

They've been recruiting for the past 2-3 months as far as I know. I'm not sure who the recruiter is. Will try and find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

presumably it's all just mindless phone support kinda stuff, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

damien.m wrote:
    They've been recruiting for the past 2-3 months as far as I know. I'm not sure who the recruiter is. Will try and find out.

Thanks a lot!

Not sure what the jobs are about yet to be honest, the press release was fairly generic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭probe

Whatever about Netgear employment opportunities I can recommend their DSL router/modems if you are in the market. I picked up one last week. It automatically detected that I had an ATM (PPPoA) rather than the more normal PPPoE connection and proceeded to configure the WAN link faultlessly, without intervention on my part.

The documentation is that comes with it is up to French or Germanic levels of detail, rather than the usual rubbish one associates with American or British products. Not that you need it. The web based user interface is clearly designed. For €90 you get a broadband modem with 4 Ethernet ports, b+g Wifi (turn able off if you don’t need it), ADSL2+ modem with speeds up to 24 Mbits/sec.

It has a stealth firewall (ie port scanning hackers see nothing unless you deliberately need to open a port for incoming services (eg if you host your own website and need port 80 and/or 443 open). Easily customisable firewall rules (which you can ignore if you don’t have special requirements and you will be safe because it blocks everything in by default). DMZ and VPN too, although you have to buy their VPN client if you want to use it, rather than that which comes with your OS.

The only thing they miss in terms of security is that bastard UPnP is on by default. Easily remedied – just un-check the UPnP box in the menu.

Product ID: DG834G v3

probe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

where are their offices located?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Out Bishopstown direction as far as I know, close to the dog track on Curraheen Road.

Advertisement