Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need Help with a Wedding Outfit

• 20-06-2006 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have to go to a wedding at the end of July and I'm dreading it. Not only do I hate weddings at the best of times and find them boring as watching paint dry, this time I'm not too keen on the wedding party itself. My boyfriends best friend is getting married and while he himself is ok, and his soon to be wife can also be when she chooses to be all the rest of her friends are very very cliquey and plain rude. Its not just me who finds them this way a lot of other people do too. Anyway the long and short of it is I have to go along to this wedding and so will attempt to console myself with look fabulous (or at least trying to) and so am looking for suggestions of places to go to buy something. I want to stear clear of Coast and Karen Millen even though their clothes are nice but everyone goes there for wedding clothes. I'm willing to spend circa €600.00 on something to wear, I probably won't need shoes as I have lots and lots of pairs and loads of accessories so really its just the clothes themselves I need. I'm tall enough at 5' 8" and am a size 12 (just in case anyone was going to recommend a petite shop:) ) and live in Dublin but will travel (within reason)
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

If you're willing to spent that much then I'd head to Roccoco. They've beautiful things and the clothes always look great and never as if they're trying to hard. Staff there are lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

Try Lipsy, you'll get a beautiful dress and no one else will have the same one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Thank you for you help I'll check both of those places out, well I will once someone can tell me where Roccoco is:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

fabcat wrote:
    Try Lipsy, you'll get a beautiful dress and no one else will have the same one

Have to say,anything I've ever bought from Lipsy has torn or just fallen apart within two wears.

Try Zara in Roches Stores. I went to a wedding last August and I got a lovely outfit in there. Also,Monsoon on Grafton St. have some lovely stuff.

Advertisement