Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire, IP addresses

• 20-06-2006 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

What's up with clearwire and IP addresses? They're DHCP but do you get more than one? My computer is hooked up through a router with dhcp turned off and it's getting it's IP from whatever clearwire box. Can it give me 2 if I want or do I _need_ to turn on 192.x ip addresses?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Turn off the router function in the clearwire device and enable the router and dhcp in your router so that NAT can function.

Why have a router and then not use it??? What model is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

It's a belkin, definitly does NAT, but NAT's a big pain in the ass with port forwarding etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

alantc wrote:
    It's a belkin, definitly does NAT, but NAT's a big pain in the ass with port forwarding etc.
    Setting up port forwarding takes a couple of minutes. Reformatting and re-installing because you got infected by a worm and 0wned by a hacker will take ours at best, days at worst.

Your call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

When I first signed up for their service I had the same problem. Seems like their black box acts like a dhcp server too, or more correctly, their dhcp server in their NOC passes through the modem. Never heard of any other company doing it.

Anyway, at ths time, I rang them up and we got it sorted in about 30 minutes. They have to do something on their end, as far as I know.

Having said all that, this was at a time [their testing phase] where ClearWire were trying to please their customers and were willing to listen and help. It appears that those days are long gone.

Advertisement