Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a website built

Options
  • 20-06-2006 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

i am looking for suggestions for someone to build me a website for my new business,
    the domain registration is done and what I am looking for is
    5 or 6 page site
    Customer contact form
    Something simple
    Site submitted to search engines etc.

Any suggestions and how much will this cost
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

Hi

It doesn't sound too difficult. You will probably need a back end database to store the customer contact details but you could just have an email sent to an address and it's up to you to keep track of the info received, not a great solution really.

You also need a hosting company to host the domain, you may have this sorted already, it would cost about €150 a year with Host Ireland who are good in my experience, they have PHP enabled servers and you can have a backend MySQL database.

Submitting your site to search engines and web directories is a never ending job, the more time spent submitting your site the better as you will gain a higher position in the search engine search results. There are many other techniques to get good search engine placement, mainly having good unique content and a technically competent site. It may prove impossible to get good search engine ranking within 6 months, especially on Google.

Also would there be much image processing and graphic / logo work to be done? Would you have page layouts and text roughed out on paper or would you require the designer to also write the text?

I'd be happy enough to do the 5 or 6 pages, some logo work, some text work and a basic back end database to store customer info for about €400. There would be no major reporting pages to give detailed breakdowns of the customer details supplied, these would be available in a long list format. (which could be filtered by date and you could have a on/off checkmark to indicate a response has been given, an immediate auto response could also be given).

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Joe

Custom Pine Furniture

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I sent you a message there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

There are plenty of guys here that will do the job for a very reasonsable price.

But there is a rule of thumb... you get what you pay for!!!

Design agencies will start anywhere from €1,000 to €3,000 for the website alone. If you want a proper Search Engine Optimisation campaign on top of that, expect to pay €1,000 for this too.

But as I said, there are guys here that will do it for a fraction of that cost!!

Advertisement