Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ECW = Wayne's World

• 20-06-2006 9:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone think the stories of the two shows bear a striking similarity? I mean in the film, Wayne and Garth's hit cable show was taken over by a powerhouse media conglomerate which took hold of the show, used it to plug sponsors products, messed with the format and made the show a mockery of its former self causing even hardened fans to turn on it and stop watching. Poor old Paul Heyman. He doesnt even have Cassandra's shoulder to cry on. I guess Balls Mahoney will have to do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

good analogy if i may say so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Gotta agree with you on that one, it sucks to see something like this happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Haha, funny cos it's true, although a pity aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Except ECW was dead in the water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

but the ecw one night stand did help revive it's interest, under the control of heyman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Amorphous Head

i think the wwe should throw all the ecw stars onto smackdown and keep al the wwe stars on raw and let Heyman control what happens on smackdown
    ECW smackdown
    then all of smackdowns PPV's can become ECW PPV's

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

i think the wwe should throw all the ecw stars onto smackdown and keep al the wwe stars on raw and let Heyman control what happens on smackdown
    ECW smackdown
    No, no, no. The solution is simple. Allow ECW to air from their old arenas, allow Paul Heyman and Dreamer full control then we'll be laughin'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

it's not party time and it's not excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

well the new ECW is definately "sucking my will to live"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

If you notice the difference between ONS this year and last year they are miles apart. The ring last year was the ECW ring. This year a WWe sized ring... The roster last year was pure ECW, this year it was half WWe. What more can I say that no one else pointed out in this thread? Disgraceful.

Think ppl were under the impression heyman was gonna have creative control, when in fact that he doesn't. Truth is he ran ECW on a low budget and made it successful, almost main stream without millions. They lost their money (partly to do with the dudleys drinking the blood and costing the tv deal...) and now they had the chance to see what Heyman could do with the money and wrestlers at his disposal.

Just like Jim Cornette and Bishchoff (im going somewhere with) they used these indviduals and just manipulated the fans positive thinking they have for them and let WWe bury them to extend the brand that is WWe. The fact of the matter is ECW is gonna fail and Heyman is gonna get fired. So he might as well get out while he could. He made the mistake in not sigining a contract that gives him complete creative control over the brand... It's his name and the ECW name that is gonna get associated with things like Bischoff and the death of WCW rather than what it should have been, the return of a good product for hardcore wrestling fans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

Did anyone notice how the camera work and the lighting changed loads in this weeks ECW? It was much better than last weeks, much more dimly lit so the arena looked smaller and the camera style was much closer to the Amaturish ECW style of old.. except for a few shots panning the crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Skud wrote:
    They lost their money (partly to do with the dudleys drinking the blood and costing the tv deal...)

When was that? ECW went out of business in 2001, the Dudleys signed with WWE well over a year before that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

ya sorry I was wrong but ECW went bankrupt in October 2000 and the last ppv was out in 7th of Januaury 2001. The wrestlers gave a one off hurahh to the fans and company and that was it :)

Advertisement