Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Problem

• 20-06-2006 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭

HI There,

Just got a TV from a friend, a 32Inch Black Diamond. He was throwing it in the bin so i said id take it.
    Reason he was throwing it in the bin was because it was repaired twice and failed again.
    Basically what is happening with it is - the second you turn it on a ticking sound repeatly occurs. The TV doesn't light up or anything. The ticking sound strangly enough sounds like its coming from the speakers.
    Now i've done some research on the internet but it is very limited. Some site was talking about how it was the HOT, Horizontal Output Transister that is the problem. THat the TV cannot build up enough voltage/current to well i suppose kickstart the CR Tubes.

It cost 80 euro to repair each time and only took an hour to fix so it can't be that big of a problem.

Just chancing my look to see if there are any TV repair guys or someone that is familier with them on these boards that could give me any clues to what might be wrong or guide me in the right direction at least.

Thanks very much. :)

Donal/Webmonkey

Advertisement