Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tracks I've forgotten ,but would love to hear

• 20-06-2006 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

Lately I've been dying to hear a few tracks back from around 94 or so.
    They are all in the same place in memory,but I can't remember whether they sound a like or not.

One is Visions of Shiva
    Liberation
    Music for the masses ,anyone with any tunes that sound like them ,that I could get a clip of ??
    One track I had that I always regretted selling was Brazilian Trancer ,it was on some italian label ,the band was called robotnico.
    Also regretted selling cafe del mar ,the version with the girl calling through it ,the one that was the first ever released.

Anyways ,looks like a nice forum ,well layed back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭DUB1

_Brian_ wrote:
    Lately I've been dying to hear a few tracks back from around 94 or so.
    They are all in the same place in memory,but I can't remember whether they sound a like or not.

One is Visions of Shiva
    Liberation
    Music for the masses ,anyone with any tunes that sound like them ,that I could get a clip of ??
    One track I had that I always regretted selling was Brazilian Trancer ,it was on some italian label ,the band was called robotnico.
    Also regretted selling cafe del mar ,the version with the girl calling through it ,the one that was the first ever released.

Anyways ,looks like a nice forum ,well layed back.

brazilian trancer on frankfurt beat my fav lable btw its german i hav all them tunes but im going 2 france in da morning be back nxt wk il u/l them 4 u,try da asylum thread i posted most of them tunes but there gone now id say but i did post sum mixers wit them thype of tunes 2day,i was just listening 2 brazilan trancer on a mix i done its da 1st tune on it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I was talking to warren kiernan a fair while ago about a mix tape I use to love .
    But he said if i ever find it let him know ,it's started with one dove ,breakdown and got mixed with a tune that sounded a lot like a hardfloor tune .

I can remember seeing the record it was a greeny color ,but i can't remember the name ,that was one of my favourite mixes from the asylum

Njoy france btw ,

Thanks

_Brian_ wrote:
    I was talking to warren kiernan a fair while ago about a mix tape I use to love .
    But he said if i ever find it let him know ,it's started with one dove ,breakdown and got mixed with a tune that sounded a lot like a hardfloor tune .

I can remember seeing the record it was a greeny color ,but i can't remember the name ,that was one of my favourite mixes from the asylum

i havnt got dat mix but i hav a load of warren's asylum mixes & a few of da 1s he releaesd i can u/l one dove now if u want & i think da tune ur on bout is exposure track by acrid acbiyance on important rec. warren played all da tracks off da record

DUB1 wrote:
    i havnt got dat mix but i hav a load of warren's asylum mixes & a few of da 1s he releaesd i can u/l one dove now if u want & i think da tune ur on bout is exposure track by acrid acbiyance on important rec. warren played all da tracks off da record

Thats the one ,acrid came in and out of the end of one dove.

Thanks ,great to be able to talk about old tunes ,I thought they'd died and gone forever.

Great stuff

• Advertisement

no way 12 yrs since da asylum closed & its still getting talked bout all da new tunes dont even cum close 2 da old tunes theres an asylum reuion on in da vaults on da 8 july wit thyme,ed case,warrenk.mick morrison & parsly when i get back from france il rip da exposure tune 4 u :D

heres one dove

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=920DE5611C752C77

Thanks ,really appreciate that

I haven't seen mick morrison in a long time ,I thought he gave the mixing up.
    Warren is still around I know ,he with a band called empire state human.
    Do you know if Jay tang is still mixing ??

thanks dub ,it's the right record alright but it was the other side i was thinking of

If it's the vinyl i can remember it had a yellow cover .

I can picture the record going around again ,excellent.

Thanks again.

Dub 1 ,sorry for lifting this thread up again ,do you have brazilian trancer??

I was talking to mick morrison this week ,he has all the tunes I love and more ,there all as new as the day he bought them ,can't believe it.
    Hes probably my favourite dj ,because I got to hear him every friday and saturday for a year .
    Saturday sounds like a start to something new ,with a look at the past and a blast to the future.
    I can still remember records I use to own back ten years ago ,what side ,second in ,but they're all gone for various reasons .
    Really love the music ,

Brian

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Brian, have you joined nioldskool yet? You can get endless classic tunes and mixes there, great forum.

Did you get the mix of Breakdown you wanted? Think the 12" you are talking about is the one with the Secret Knowledge Light & Dark Mix. Great 12" but the best from One Dove is definetely White Love (Slam Mix)

http://www.discogs.com/release/25087

http://www.discogs.com/release/79715

www.nioldskool.co.uk

• Advertisement

Thanks felix ,mick was telling me about that site .
    Theres a lot of tunes I can only remember by the looking at the records ,I was never any good at the names.
    Mick has loads of tunes ,Big bad massive is one of my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 shanahap

Is it the one that starts with
    Exit EEE : Epidemic
    then One Dove : Breakdown
    then is it the B side of Exit EEE : Wheels of Motion?

There is some track there too with a version of FGTH Relax over on the other side too?

_Brian_ wrote:

it could be that one alright ,shanahap.

I used to have that exit eee aswell ,i think it was the yellow and black one on no respect.

There wasn't many Dj's back in the early nineties that I can remember ,mostly warren ,liam dollard and ed case. And then the mid nineties there was the rest.

(EDIT) To be honest ,now that i'm hearing them tunes in my head again ,I think that was definetly the mix I'm looking for :D

Another mix ,which is probably the best mix i've ever heard was by liam dollard and included a tune called assassin by the Orb .
    anyone anything by dollard at all ,any mixes ??

• Registered Users Posts: 16 shanahap

I have one radio show from Liam Dollard from summer 1994 from Power FM, He used to dj there on Fridays some times. the hed boys are on it and aphrohead "in the dark we live", it is not great though. I think he had better shows on the radio but I have taped over them long ago.
    I have the warren k one, but have no broadband, if you pm me your address, I can send it to you on a cd as an mp3. Sound quality isnt too hot though.

_Brian_ wrote:
    it could be that one alright ,shanahap.

I used to have that exit eee aswell ,i think it was the yellow and black one on no respect.

There wasn't many Dj's back in the early nineties that I can remember ,mostly warren ,liam dollard and ed case. And then the mid nineties there was the rest.

(EDIT) To be honest ,now that i'm hearing them tunes in my head again ,I think that was definetly the mix I'm looking for :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

There are some songs by Visions of Shiva (group rather than a song) on X-Mix 1 The FMS trip which i have at home from 1994. Also see

http://www.discogs.com/release/11647 for discography.

You mentions "Liberation". Perhaps you are thinking of: http://www.discogs.com/release/74221

For the robotnico tune: http://www.discogs.com/release/184574

To buy any of this stuff, I found the best sites to be:

www.ebay.com
    www.funrecords.de
    www.gemm.com

Never had problems with these sites after ordering hundreds of CD's from them.

Advertisement