Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hey Diddle Diddle - Eircom Calling

Options
  • 21-06-2006 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭

Received a bumper report in yesterday's post concerning the eircom's board recommendation for shareholders acceptance of the cash offer for eircom, egm etc. Offers available include cash for existing shares ie € 2,252 ( includes a 0.052 Divi) or take up offer of new shares same value in new entity. Company also plans to go private and delist from ISEQ + LSE. Is this good news for ordinary shareholders?

Interested to know what others think?

Once again the employee's trust comes through smiling with an increased shareholding in the new entity.

Is it time to take up the offer, encash the chips and take the fiddle elsewhere ? Or is it worth hanging in under the new owners BCMIH?

Some will yawn about the old tech landlines, but still plenty of them around, not to mention more penetration opps for broadband, mobile (Meteor) etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

I wonder will it be more asset-stripping and/or big share value increase when it's relisted in 4 years or so?
    If I thought BCM were going to make a killing I'd consider cashing in and buying BCM on the Aussi exch. Hard to call, I don't understand all the angles enough.

Advertisement