Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 hour comic day 2006

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

hey crazy 24 hour comics people,

just got an email from 24 hour comics central to say this years book is getting ready to ship. You can check some sample pages over here

Plans are underway for next years event but i was wondering if people were interested in a mini comic jam before that - maybe 6 -12 hours, take over a pub [a quite one this time!] that serves good food and draw all day.

I was going to suggest paddies day as there is a st georges day comics jam in england but I'm going to be in London for a comic con that weekend. [plus quite pub on paddies day!] Also thought of june 21st the longest day of the year but the MoCCA comics fest is on the 23rd so once again I won't be around. [everyone come to new york for MoCCA it rocks]

If people really want to put something together for either of those dates, I'll feel horribly left out :p but will understand or if people have another suggestion......................

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

Valentine's Day lol Come on we're all comic geeks no one is going to be busy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭thumbninja

Speak for yourself! N-E-R-D! (I'm going to a gig on valentines so there!)

I'd be up for another one.. best to avoid special dates methinks. A non event wkend would get more people. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Whee! Thanks to ztoical, there's now a Comicspace page for the 24 Hour Comic Day entries. We need to upload more entries, and possibly some photos (wonder if you could get away with making a photomanip comic, Hourly Comic Day-style, of how people lasted through the night?)

Fysh wrote:
    Whee! Thanks to ztoical, there's now a Comicspace page for the 24 Hour Comic Day entries. We need to upload more entries, and possibly some photos (wonder if you could get away with making a photomanip comic, Hourly Comic Day-style, of how people lasted through the night?)

ahhhhh you added trees - marker flash backs lol

adding mine and the shades right now - Briony Noh i need to get your off you again [i downloaded it from that link but i cant find it now :confused: ]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Briony Noh

Right-o. I'll upload it somewhere and post the addy here.

Briony Noh wrote:
    Right-o. I'll upload it somewhere and post the addy here.
    cheers honey, will we see you at the comic jam in march?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Briony Noh

The Link:

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=74162

Can't be sure about the comic jam, but I'll be there in spirit, and it's a dead cert there'll be plenty of spirits available.

:rolleyes:

(There used to be a joke about that.)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Right, Bob Byrne's and Briony Noh's comics are both on the comicspace galleries page now.

Are there any others we might have missed? (Thumbninja, I'm looking your way....)

Fysh wrote:
    Right, Bob Byrne's and Briony Noh's comics are both on the comicspace galleries page now.

Are there any others we might have missed? (Thumbninja, I'm looking your way....)

yes miss ninja........actually i have everyone elses email i should get in thouch

hey fysh did you email bob about his comic or did your just sweep it off his blog?

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, it probably would've been polite to ask first. D'oh! (Email being sent as we speak/read/type/whatever...)

Fysh wrote:
    Oh yeah, it probably would've been polite to ask first. D'oh! (Email being sent as we speak/read/type/whatever...)

I was going to get it from there when i was posting shades but thought i should check with him first - of course then i forgot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭thumbninja

Fysh wrote:

eeeeehhhhhh.. the monkey ate the scanner and ummm.. then the cat exploded (but she's better now)...

*cough*

yeah. okay. will do this week. *hopefully*

though I did get the 24 hour comic book all stars book as a b'day pressie so I'm all a buzz at the mo :D

The date for 24 hour comics day 2007 has been picked and it will be October 20th!!! Keep an eye on this thread for updates on the irish event :D

Ok its all offical now, 24 hour comics day is on october 20th/21st at the central hotel - same bat time [noon to noon] same bat place [actaully we are in a room closer to the bar this time :)]

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

Closer to the bar! Whoo I won't be improving on how many pages I draw! If you need a hand organising things or raising funds just give me a yell. Be happy to help out.

the Shades wrote:
    Closer to the bar! Whoo I won't be improving on how many pages I draw! If you need a hand organising things or raising funds just give me a yell. Be happy to help out.

cheers hon, I think the main thing we need right now is just spreading the info about the event. I've a couple of illustration jobs I'm behind on at the mo but once i get caught up with those I'll get a poster together - debating on doing something new or using Tree's superman spaceship.

I'm gone to the states for two comic cons from the end of september till the mid october [actually till a couple days before the event] so would need some happy helpers to throw some posters into shops round dublin [and other places round the country too] If anyone posts on other comic related boards or has a website/blog please feel free to post about the event.

Also suggestions for improving the day are welcome, esp from those who were at it last year - so far I know we need to make it more visable on the day [will speak to the hotel about putting the correct name up for a start] and also to ask for a bigger bin or else bring some jumbo rubbish bags :D Anyone think of anything else? Other then tieing Bob's hands together and forcing him to draw with his feet [and I bet he'd still finish with hours to spare]

Given the nature of the day there isn't a whole lot we can do, we have a space, people bring their own supplies, and we'll sort tea/coffee/food/pints on the day, but any and all suggestions would be helpful. Hopfully get a good FAQ's together for people to check over at comicspace

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

a well ventilated room :manic grin:

Tree wrote:
    a well ventilated room :manic grin:

or just keep you away from the markers :D

Righty ho, I'm de-stickying this thread to make way for this year's thread. Roll on October 20th!

• Advertisement
Advertisement