Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISS Passes

Options
  • 21-06-2006 7:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone see the spectacular ISS pass last night just after 11? It lasted for over 5 minutes. Absolutely incredible! Only Jupiter was brighter in the southern sky.

http://www.heavens-above.com/ has details of further passes over the next few days. Worth a look at the moment as I understand that this is one of the best viewing periods this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

I stood in the ISS prototype in Kennedy space station in Canavrel back in 1998.At the time they had the layout of the compartments,sleeping quarters,mess hall etc and it was very impressive indeed,big too.
    Unfortunately back then technology is not as advanced as is today because that equipment is well out of date to date.Fortunately we moved on so to say and so too has tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

Snowbie wrote:
    I stood in the ISS prototype in Kennedy space station in Canavrel back in 1998.At the time they had the layout of the compartments,sleeping quarters,mess hall etc and it was very impressive indeed,big too.
    Unfortunately back then technology is not as advanced as is today because that equipment is well out of date to date.Fortunately we moved on so to say and so too has tech.

ditto, myself and missus perdition did a tour during 1997.
    It was pretty cool to walk around the prototype, but i wouldn't want to spend much time is such a small quarters.

Advertisement